Re: [genpcncfir] Oxford Orphanage in Granville

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2006
      Dear Gary,
      Pitt County Census Records list the residents of
      the orphanage. I remember having seen a couple of
      these. I came upon one of these by chance when at the
      State Library of Virginia leafing through North
      Carolina census records.
      I forget, though, exactly how the facility was
      listed. If none of our group joins the discussion to
      tell you, I feel sure that you can find out from
      e-mailing the Joyner Library in Greenville, N.C. from
      the Pitt County Family Researcher's web at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr and to to the link for
      Joyner Library.
      Later, Carol