Elderly Dads - John A. Forbes

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2006
      Interesting!

      What happened to John A. Forbes, Arthur's [nine year
      old] son on 1880 census? Was his mother Frances
      Hearne?

      Was the father of the Mim's brothers from Florida?
      There is a town in Brevard County with that name. I
      visit that county periodically.

      Full of questions, Marcia

      --- Bob Forbes <bforbes@...> wrote:
      > Just to emphasize Carol's point, I suppose, I have a
      > 2-gr-grand uncle, Arthur Forbes (b.1806-d.1881,twin
      > to my gr-gr-grandfather Alfred Forbes,
      > b.1806-d.1847), who fathered his last child and only
      > son, Archibald Rodolph Forbes(1881-1938), at the
      > tender old age of 75 in Dec. 1880. Unfortunately,
      > Arthur Forbes died in Feb. 1881 just a couple of
      > months after his son was born, so he never got to
      > know his son. His widow, Mary Virginia Stancill
      > Forbes (b.1849-d.1934), raised that son to adulthood
      > with the help of her Stancill relatives, and
      > survived her husband many more years as you can see.
      >
      > ... omitted some
      >
      > I re-discovered this ancestor's grave site and
      > headstone just a couple of years ago with the help
      > of Steve & Spencer Mims, grandsons of Russell
      > Stancill, who remembered seeing the graveyard as
      > young boys when they visited their granddad. Via
      > correspondence on the Internet, they led me right to
      > his buried headstone in the woods!
      >
      > Bob Forbes

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.