Re: Jackson's in Pitt County

  • lisascarola
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2006
      Dear Nicole and Carol,

      I'm not sure what email address is listed for me, but you can always
      get me at feonadorf@.... Sorry I haven't been as active as I used
      to be but I went back to work about 6 months ago, after being off for a
      few years. I will update my page tonight, not sure the last time I did
      that. I still try to spend some time every day doing research. Most
      recently I've been trying to dedicate my time to the Generations after
      1900. The Jacksons I know most about are those who married into the
      McGowan line, but if I am not mistaken some Jacksons also married into
      my Sermons line, thru a niece or nephew of my great grandmother Lucy
      Sermons McGowan.I'd have to check that one out and refresh myself. I
      will look back thru your correspondence and see which line you are
      looking into and try to get back to you by Monday.

      Hope everyone is having a joyous holiday season!
      Cousin,
      Lisa
    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 7, 2006
        Bless you for replying. I look forward to going there. What can I do to help you?

        Have a blessed day
        Linda

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 8, 2006
          Glad to have you back Lisa, I've missed you! Hope your job is going well, though. I can't wait to see your updated page. I am related to Jacksons from my G Grandmother Beulah Evans Kittrell, her mother was Mary Eliza Jackson, daughter of Jesse S Jackson and Eliza Rountree Reid. I haven't started researching the Jacksons yet, but they are on my near future do list.

          Beulah Alice Evans, daughter of Amos Evans and Mary Eliza Jackson. Beulah was born 1868 and died 1923.
          Doni

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2006
            Dear Linda,
            The greatest reward for me is being able to assist
            others to fill in gaps in their own family history.
            The next greatest reward is being able to pass on to
            the youngest members of our families the stories of
            their ancestors and kin.
            I have spent more delightful hours over the pages
            and links from the Pitt County Family Researchers' web
            than over anything in my life except for the Sears'
            Christmas catalogue in my childhood.
            As I was thinking about the Jackson families of
            Pitt County, I was reminded of another Jackson family
            that I simply forgot to mention.
            Roy David Jackson, Sr. married Thelma Wilson,
            daughter of "Buster" and Eva Wilson of Pitt. They had
            two children: Roy David Jackson, Jr. and Betty Earle
            Jackson. These grandchildren became my friends because
            of our frequent visits with Mama to the Pitt County
            Home next door to us on County Home Road where their
            grandfather was Superintendent of the Pitt County
            Home. As Superintendent, his family were housed in the
            Superintendent's home on the property.
            That house was truly a magical place for me. My own
            McGowan great uncles had served as superintendents of
            the County Home themselves. So in addition to being
            able to play there, the house was also special because
            my great uncles and their families had lived there.
            Today, the County Home no longer houses the
            indigent nor the trustee prisoners who worked on the
            chain gangs performing road maintenance for Pitt
            County.
            Between what was our property and the Pitt County
            Home, on the same side of the road as the Home, is now
            an elementary school where my young cousins are
            pupils.
            Still, though, despite all the changes, through
            them the family ties continue. That's what brings us
            together as well.
            If perchance you do know about these County Home
            Jacksons, I am sure that many of us would appreciate
            your sharing their ties to other Pitt County and North
            Carolina families.
            Later, Carol

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com