Re: [genpcncfir] Jeremiah Nichols

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2006
      Dear Judy,
      Marion Robert Harris was my great uncle by
      marriage. He was a brother of Susan Eliza Harris
      Nichols. Marion's wife was Laura McGowan, a maternal
      great aunt; her parents were Lemuel McGowan, Sr. and
      Perlina Moore, daughter of Martin Moore and his
      wife--Cynthia Hatton, I believe her name was.
      Lemuel McGowan, Jr. married a daughter of Henry
      Clay Harris, wife was an Albritton.
      Upon his death a few years later after she was left
      alone with a widowed son, she married back into the
      Harris family.
      Three men from this family helped raise and educate
      my young cousin, Claudius McGowan, who became a highly
      acclaimed doctor in Plymouth, North Carolina.
      I owe this family a tremendous debt for their love
      and their support of my dear cousin.
      If any of you know this family who wrote about this
      time in their lives in the Chronicles of Pitt County,
      I would be eternally grateful to you if you would pass
      on to them my life-long gratitude and my admiration
      for them. Not a day passes without my blessing them
      for their devotion and hoping that they are richly
      rewarded for their goodness.
      Later, Carol

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com