Re: [genpcncfir] Jeremiah Nichols

  • johncn@umich.edu
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2006
      I am sorry, it does not.

      john nichols

      --On Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:04 AM -0500 skipper4095386@...

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2006
        Dear Judy,
        Marion Robert Harris was my great uncle by
        marriage. He was a brother of Susan Eliza Harris
        Nichols. Marion's wife was Laura McGowan, a maternal
        great aunt; her parents were Lemuel McGowan, Sr. and
        Perlina Moore, daughter of Martin Moore and his
        wife--Cynthia Hatton, I believe her name was.
        Lemuel McGowan, Jr. married a daughter of Henry
        Clay Harris, wife was an Albritton.
        Upon his death a few years later after she was left
        alone with a widowed son, she married back into the
        Harris family.
        Three men from this family helped raise and educate
        my young cousin, Claudius McGowan, who became a highly
        acclaimed doctor in Plymouth, North Carolina.
        I owe this family a tremendous debt for their love
        and their support of my dear cousin.
        If any of you know this family who wrote about this
        time in their lives in the Chronicles of Pitt County,
        I would be eternally grateful to you if you would pass
        on to them my life-long gratitude and my admiration
        for them. Not a day passes without my blessing them
        for their devotion and hoping that they are richly
        rewarded for their goodness.
        Later, Carol

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com