RE: [genpcncfir] nichols, perdue or perdew

  • John Nichols
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth certificate and it shows
      her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think 1897, so he would be to
      young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the Thomas Perdew that is from
      Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas Perdew? That would made
      that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas Perdew was born. Thoughts?
      Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born Falling Creek Township, Lenior
      County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a brother named Thomas, I think
      this is the same line. I am not sure what year the civil war ended, but it
      may be possible that this is the same Thomas that was in the civil war. I am
      looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would welcome any info.

      John
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
        Dear John,
        The Civil War ended around 1865, if I remember
        correctly. As for fatherhood, there really is no
        particular age beyond which a man can father children
        as there is for women bearing children.
        In fact, many men become fathers in their 50's or
        even older. One of my professors here at J. Sargeant
        Reynolds is retired and has an infant son.
        Another older father is David Letterman, the
        comedian. He, too, is the father of an infant son.
        Letterman is also in his 60's.
        I have read of men decades older fathering
        children. The oldest I know of personally was 71 years
        old.
        Later, Carol

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      • jow
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
          According to the 1910 Lenoir Co census (Falling Creek) William age 20 md to Lula age 20 is the son of Thomas age 67 and Penney 65.

          In the 1920 census they are in Carrs, Greene Co as William T 29 and Lela 29 with daughter Katie 11/

          Jean W
          jowgen@...

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
            Thank you for replying, I found my Thomas Perdew, but being here in
            Michigan, I am trying to find a was to find a death Certificate for William
            Thomas Perdew that was married to Lela Letchworth. I am thinking he was
            born in about 1897. I have his name on my grandmother's birth certificate
            as being her father. I do know that according to the 1910 census, I think
            my Thomas Perdew was born in about 1843. Note thet William Thomas Perdew is
            the son of Thomas Perdew. I am trying to find death or birth records for
            both of them. I am not sure when either of them died.

            --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

            > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
            > certificate and it shows
            > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
            > 1897, so he would be to
            > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
            > Thomas Perdew that is from
            > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
            > Perdew? That would made
            > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
            > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
            > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
            > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
            > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
            > brother named Thomas, I think
            > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
            > civil war ended, but it
            > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
            > was in the civil war. I am
            > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
            > welcome any info.
            >
            > John

          • Louise
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 8, 2006
              Jeremiah Nichols may have been in the Spanish-American War with Cuba. My husband said it was around 1998 or 1905. They wore fannel not having good uniforms.

              --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

              > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
              > certificate and it shows
              > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
              > 1897, so he would be to
              > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
              > Thomas Perdew that is from
              > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
              > Perdew? That would made
              > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
              > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
              > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
              > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
              > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
              > brother named Thomas, I think
              > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
              > civil war ended, but it
              > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
              > was in the civil war. I am
              > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
              > welcome any info.
              >
              > John

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Nichols
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 8, 2006
                Thank you for responding,
                I have since found out that my great great grandad along with his brother
                and their father Thomas, Joshua, and dad William Perdew all served in the
                27th regiment company c in the civil war. Thomas was wounded and received a
                civil war pension. I am using family tree maker 9.0 and was wondering how i
                can upload it to our site?

                this is exciting
                john nichols

                --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

                > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
                > certificate and it shows
                > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
                > 1897, so he would be to
                > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
                > Thomas Perdew that is from
                > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
                > Perdew? That would made
                > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
                > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
                > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
                > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
                > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
                > brother named Thomas, I think
                > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
                > civil war ended, but it
                > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
                > was in the civil war. I am
                > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
                > welcome any info.
                >
                > John

                Pitt County Historical Society:

                information:

                We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Louise
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                  I don't know how to upload it either. Maybe someone could help us with it. Louise

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                    John, click on the website below and click on FILES. It will then let you add a file to the website. I know how you feel when you find something new about the family. Great!! Louise