Re: [genpcncfir] nichols, perdue or perdew

  • johncn@umich.edu
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
      Thank you for the email, I believe you sent me a cd of that conversation,
      but it was not clear on what was being said, neverless this little
      transcript was nice.
      john

      --On Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:28 AM -0800 Louise <champright@...>

    • johncn@umich.edu
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
        I think Thomas is Kate's grandfather.

        John

        --On Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:42 AM -0800 Louise <champright@...>

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
          Dear Louise,
          He is the Jeremiah I referred to also in my reply
          to John, so we are on the same page.
          By the way, were the wives of Arden,Sr. kin to each
          other?
          Thank you for sharing your information on our
          common ancestor. It helps me understand so much more
          about what his life was like than I could ever get
          from reading names and dates.
          Later, Carol

        • John Nichols
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
            I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth certificate and it shows
            her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think 1897, so he would be to
            young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the Thomas Perdew that is from
            Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas Perdew? That would made
            that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas Perdew was born. Thoughts?
            Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born Falling Creek Township, Lenior
            County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a brother named Thomas, I think
            this is the same line. I am not sure what year the civil war ended, but it
            may be possible that this is the same Thomas that was in the civil war. I am
            looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would welcome any info.

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
              Dear John,
              The Civil War ended around 1865, if I remember
              correctly. As for fatherhood, there really is no
              particular age beyond which a man can father children
              as there is for women bearing children.
              In fact, many men become fathers in their 50's or
              even older. One of my professors here at J. Sargeant
              Reynolds is retired and has an infant son.
              Another older father is David Letterman, the
              comedian. He, too, is the father of an infant son.
              Letterman is also in his 60's.
              I have read of men decades older fathering
              children. The oldest I know of personally was 71 years
              old.
              Later, Carol

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • jow
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 5, 2006
                According to the 1910 Lenoir Co census (Falling Creek) William age 20 md to Lula age 20 is the son of Thomas age 67 and Penney 65.

                In the 1920 census they are in Carrs, Greene Co as William T 29 and Lela 29 with daughter Katie 11/

                Jean W
                jowgen@...

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Thank you for replying, I found my Thomas Perdew, but being here in
                  Michigan, I am trying to find a was to find a death Certificate for William
                  Thomas Perdew that was married to Lela Letchworth. I am thinking he was
                  born in about 1897. I have his name on my grandmother's birth certificate
                  as being her father. I do know that according to the 1910 census, I think
                  my Thomas Perdew was born in about 1843. Note thet William Thomas Perdew is
                  the son of Thomas Perdew. I am trying to find death or birth records for
                  both of them. I am not sure when either of them died.

                  --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

                  > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
                  > certificate and it shows
                  > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
                  > 1897, so he would be to
                  > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
                  > Thomas Perdew that is from
                  > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
                  > Perdew? That would made
                  > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
                  > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
                  > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
                  > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
                  > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
                  > brother named Thomas, I think
                  > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
                  > civil war ended, but it
                  > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
                  > was in the civil war. I am
                  > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
                  > welcome any info.
                  >
                  > John

                • Louise
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 8, 2006
                    Jeremiah Nichols may have been in the Spanish-American War with Cuba. My husband said it was around 1998 or 1905. They wore fannel not having good uniforms.

                    --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

                    > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
                    > certificate and it shows
                    > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
                    > 1897, so he would be to
                    > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
                    > Thomas Perdew that is from
                    > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
                    > Perdew? That would made
                    > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
                    > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
                    > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
                    > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
                    > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
                    > brother named Thomas, I think
                    > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
                    > civil war ended, but it
                    > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
                    > was in the civil war. I am
                    > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
                    > welcome any info.
                    >
                    > John

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • John Nichols
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Thank you for responding,
                      I have since found out that my great great grandad along with his brother
                      and their father Thomas, Joshua, and dad William Perdew all served in the
                      27th regiment company c in the civil war. Thomas was wounded and received a
                      civil war pension. I am using family tree maker 9.0 and was wondering how i
                      can upload it to our site?

                      this is exciting
                      john nichols

                      --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

                      > I just looked up my Kate Perdew (grandmother) birth
                      > certificate and it shows
                      > her father William Thomas Perdew being born I think
                      > 1897, so he would be to
                      > young to be in the civil war, but I wonder if the
                      > Thomas Perdew that is from
                      > Falling creek is the father of my William Thomas
                      > Perdew? That would made
                      > that Perdew 51 years old when my William Thomas
                      > Perdew was born. Thoughts?
                      > Kate Perdew birth cert. states her being born
                      > Falling Creek Township, Lenior
                      > County. Also, Kate had a sister named Bela, a
                      > brother named Thomas, I think
                      > this is the same line. I am not sure what year the
                      > civil war ended, but it
                      > may be possible that this is the same Thomas that
                      > was in the civil war. I am
                      > looking at the names on the 1880 census, I would
                      > welcome any info.
                      >
                      > John

                      Pitt County Historical Society:

                      information:

                      We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Louise
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                        I don't know how to upload it either. Maybe someone could help us with it. Louise

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 9, 2006
                          John, click on the website below and click on FILES. It will then let you add a file to the website. I know how you feel when you find something new about the family. Great!! Louise