Passing of Linda Bottoms Bass

  • Lou-BB
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2006
      Dear E-Mail friends of Linda Bottoms Bass,

      It is with great sorrow that I inform you of Linda's passing on 17 November 2006.

      After a long and painful fight with pancreatic cancer she passed on to be with her "Lord and Savior" on the above date.

      She cherished all of her friends many of you that she had never met in person.

      Please pray for me to get over my loss but I shall never forget this wonderful woman of which I was married to for just over 50 years.

      In fact soon after she found out about her condition she stated two goals that she wanted to meet before her passing, first was to be able to hold her soon to be grandson John Clayton McOmber III (Trey) of which she did on 8 September 2006 and the other was to be able to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on 22 September. We were able to accomplish this on that Friday Evening with over 125 friends and family in attendance.
      This E Mail address will be discontinued on or about 1 December 2006.

      Thank you for being her friend

      Bobbie R. Bass
      Husband

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2006
        Dear Bobbie,
        I shared more than a few e-mails with your dear
        wife and enjoyed so very much the opportunity of
        sharing information with her and of getting to know
        her through our close family group.
        It is comforting to know that Linda was able to
        achieve two of her cherished goals before her passing.
        That alone speaks volumes of her courage and of her
        love for her family.
        How to move on? When it feels as though we have
        been split in two, when we want to spin the universe
        in reverse and lock in place forever that moment in
        time before the illness struck, when we can't take
        another step or imagine a minute beyond this one, we
        reach outward and connect with all the others whose
        lives our loved one's life has touched. They in turn
        reach out to us, and we learn that we are not alone in
        our grief.
        There come moments when we discover, too, that we
        are loved more than we ever thought possible. In
        these, we find comfort and peace.
        I remember some books I have read where a family
        member passed--Little Women being the first of these
        books. With the coming of spring, the family felt the
        presence of their little woman in the soft, warm, and
        whispering spring breeze, in the awakening earth, in
        the sweet perfume of new flowers.
        As for me, I brought her back by never afterward
        turning the page from the moment when she was so alive
        and full of vigor and joy.
        Others, too, might find comfort in writing down
        their memories, in bringing back those moments,
        without ever needing to write that last chapter--or at
        least not writing it until they do need to, until they
        are ready.
        I hope you find comfort in knowing that with
        every step you take, there is a hand in your hand, and
        a footstep beside yours.
        Keep in touch, Carol

        --- Lou-BB <Lou-BB@...> wrote:

        > Dear E-Mail friends of Linda Bottoms Bass,
        >
        > It is with great sorrow that I inform you of Linda's
        > passing on 17 November 2006.
        >
        > After a long and painful fight with pancreatic
        > cancer she passed on to be with her "Lord and
        > Savior" on the above date.
        >
        > She cherished all of her friends many of you that
        > she had never met in person.
        >
        > Please pray for me to get over my loss but I shall
        > never forget this wonderful woman of which I was
        > married to for just over 50 years.
        >
        > In fact soon after she found out about her condition
        > she stated two goals that she wanted to meet before
        > her passing, first was to be able to hold her soon
        > to be grandson John Clayton McOmber III (Trey) of
        > which she did on 8 September 2006 and the other was
        > to be able to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary
        > on 22 September. We were able to accomplish this on
        > that Friday Evening with over 125 friends and family
        > in attendance.
        > This E Mail address will be discontinued on or about
        > 1 December 2006.
        >
        > Thank you for being her friend
        >
        > Bobbie R. Bass
        > Husband

        Sponsored Link

        Compare mortgage rates for today.
        Get up to 5 free quotes.
        Www2.nextag.com
      • skipper4095386@cs.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2006
          My sympathy on the loss of your wife. May God soon fill that empty spot in
          your heart with many happy memories of your life together.....Judy Lewis

        • LdMel1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
            Bobbie,
            Bob and I have been blessed by knowing you and Linda for about 15 years and doing business with you two.
            It has been our pleasure to serve you for all the years. Sharing our Condo at the beach with you all gave us some great memories also. Linda and I really enjoyed many conversations as well as our love for Genealogy.
            She helped me also by all of her hard work and I treasure her book she gave me. We share in your loss and pray for God to give you strength for each day. You were blessed beyond words in sharing your marriage of 50 years. If we can be of help please call on us. You know our phone number. God bless you & your family.

            With deepest sympathy,
            Linda & Bob Melvin

            --- Lou-BB <Lou-BB@...> wrote:

            > Dear E-Mail friends of Linda Bottoms Bass,
            >
            > It is with great sorrow that I inform you of Linda's
            > passing on 17 November 2006.
            >
            > After a long and painful fight with pancreatic
            > cancer she passed on to be with her "Lord and
            > Savior" on the above date.
            >
            > She cherished all of her friends many of you that
            > she had never met in person.
            >
            > Please pray for me to get over my loss but I shall
            > never forget this wonderful woman of which I was
            > married to for just over 50 years.
            >
            > In fact soon after she found out about her condition
            > she stated two goals that she wanted to meet before
            > her passing, first was to be able to hold her soon
            > to be grandson John Clayton McOmber III (Trey) of
            > which she did on 8 September 2006 and the other was
            > to be able to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary
            > on 22 September. We were able to accomplish this on
            > that Friday Evening with over 125 friends and family
            > in attendance.
            > This E Mail address will be discontinued on or about
            > 1 December 2006.
            >
            > Thank you for being her friend
            >
            > Bobbie R. Bass
            > Husband

            Sponsored Link

            Compare mortgage rates for today.
            Get up to 5 free quotes.
            Www2.nextag.com

          • stubbytate
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2006
              She was a beautiful spirit who brought a lot of people together. She
              will never be forgotten. God bless you in your time of loss and sorrow.

              Stubby Tate
              Marietta, GA
              --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Lou-BB" <Lou-BB@...> wrote:

              > Dear E-Mail friends of Linda Bottoms Bass,
              >
              > It is with great sorrow that I inform you of Linda's passing on 17
              November 2006.

              > After a long and painful fight with pancreatic cancer she passed on
              to be with her "Lord and Savior" on the above date.

              > She cherished all of her friends many of you that she had never met
              in person.

              > Please pray for me to get over my loss but I shall never forget this
              wonderful woman of which I was married to for just over 50 years.

              > In fact soon after she found out about her condition she stated two
              goals that she wanted to meet before her passing, first was to be able
              to hold her soon to be grandson John Clayton McOmber III (Trey) of
              which she did on 8 September 2006 and the other was to be able to
              celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on 22 September. We were able
              to accomplish this on that Friday Evening with over 125 friends and
              family in attendance.
              > This E Mail address will be discontinued on or about 1 December 2006.
              >
              > Thank you for being her friend
              >
              > Bobbie R. Bass
              > Husband

            • Jenny Jones
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
                Dear Bobbie and Family,
                May God hold you ,dear family, in the palm of His hand.Though many
                of us who belonged to genpcncfir had never met Linda in person we were
                touched by her willingness to share with so many of us.
                Take care and know there were so many who's lives she had touched,
                Lovingly,Jenny Jones