Linda Bottoms Bass, list member

  • jonefa
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
      Linda Bottoms Bass

      ELM CITY - Linda Bottoms Bass, 66, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and sister, passed early a.m. on November 17, 2006, at her home in Elm City, N.C., after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer.

      She was born in Wilson County on May 27, 1940, daughter of the late Paul Raymond Bottoms and Beatrice Walston Bottoms. She was a retired volunteer paramedic for Wilson County Rescue Squad and a volunteer and charter member of Elm City Rescue Squad.

      She is survived by her husband, Bobbie Ray Bass; two sons, Bobbie Ray Bass Jr. and wife, Connie, of Wilson, and Raymond Lee Bass of Moscow, Idaho; two daughters, Merry Hope Bass Asbell and husband, Ken, of Elm City, and Leigh Paulette Bass McOmber and husband, Clay, of Winterville, NC. She also leaves behind six grandchildren, Jeffrey Webb, Mandy Webb Brinkley, Rachel, Hannah, Faith and Trey McOmber; two great grandchildren, Dylan and Ethan Brinkley; one sister, Mollie Bottoms High and husband, Steve; and one brother, Paul Raymond Bottoms Jr. She was preceded in death by a daughter, Barbara Ellen Bass.

      The family will receive friends at Thomas Yelverton Funeral Home from 7-9 p.m. on Saturday, November 18, 2006. The funeral will be held Sunday at 2 p.m. in the chapel of Thomas Yelverton Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Rodebaugh officiating. Burial will be in Peoples Chapel Church Cemetery, Elm City.

      In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center Pancreatic Cancer Research; DUMC-3828, Durham, NC 27710

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
        Hello Group......
        Sad news re: our departed member, Linda Bottoms Bass demise..... better known to our Group as
        Lou-BB@... ..... Thank you, Jone, for posting her obiturary.

        I just spoke with her sister, Molly, and she gave me permission to post the home telephone number:
        252-291-9151 for anyone wishing to contact the family.

        Molly said Linda/Lou was very proud of her genealogy research and had created books for both sides of her family.
        We extend our very best wishes and sympathy to them as they remember and celebrate her life.

        Jewelle

        jewelle@...
        jewellebaker@...
        Researching: (Main Capitalized)