Mac Geneology software?

  • Paula Bannerman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
      Hey All...can any of you recommend a good Mac Compatible Genealogy software?

      Paula B.
    • Lawrence Cobb
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
        Yes, I have used Reunion for many years. I currently have over
        10,000 names and have had no issues with it.

        Larry Cobb

        On Nov 8, 2006, at 6:41 PM, Paula Bannerman wrote:

        > Hey All...can any of you recommend a good Mac Compatible Genealogy
        > software?
        >
        > Paula B.

        Larry Cobb
        Greenville, Texas

      • John V Lucas Jr
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
          Dear Cousin Paula,

          I agree with Cousin Larry regarding the selection of the Reunion
          genealogy software package, which is soley designed for Mac's. I have
          been using Reunion for the past 10 years and just love it. It is very
          user friendly, unlike some Windows driven programs that I tried to use
          early on. If you'd like to check it out, go to:
          http://www.leisterpro.com
          This site will provide you with the background information and where
          and how to purchase it. The latest version is Reunion 8. You can
          generate all kinds of reports from the stored database information.
          There is also another alternative: The Latter Day Saints (LDS) web
          site provides a free genealogical database system, which one of my
          close friends uses. He says it's easy to use, so that might be worth
          your while to explore. The web site is:
          http:www.familysearch.org/

          I hope this will help you. Let me know how you make out.

          Yours Always,

          Cousin John
          West Melbourne, FL