Re: [genpcncfir] Widow's Claim for Pension - Elizabeth Crawford

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
      Dear Karen,
      Ivy Crawford, was of course, the younger brother of
      Martha Crawford as well. I think he was about 12 years
      old when she married James Braxton.
      I am hoping that I have not repeated myself, but
      looking back over some of our exchanges, I was
      concerned that I might have overlooked some points.
      Whenever I get additional information on one of the
      families I am researching, I go back through my files
      and make sure that I provide up-dates to everyone who
      has written me or the group on the topic.
      Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I plan to go
      through Census records to see if there is anything I
      may have overlooked in them. Next, I plan to review
      land records for any kinship information they might
      provide along with the land transactions.
      Another source I have only touched on is pension
      applications like the one you sent me. These also show
      kinship ties that might not now be available any where
      else.

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited