Re: [genpcncfir] Widow's Claim for Pension - Elizabeth Crawford

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
      Dear Karen,
      Allen Crawford was the father of Martha Crawford
      who married James Braxton. He and wife Siddy lived
      next to James Braxton and Martha according to Census
      records.
      Ivy Crawford married Elizabeth Vincent. Two of my
      McGowan great uncles married Vincent sisters from the
      Chicod area of Pitt County: Fanny and Victoria Vincent
      married brothers Henry Craven McGowan and Marcellus
      McGowan.
      I do not know if they were related to Elizabeth. I
      have not had time to check for a marriage record for
      Ivy Crawford and Elizabeth.

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
        Dear Karen,
        Ivy Crawford, was of course, the younger brother of
        Martha Crawford as well. I think he was about 12 years
        old when she married James Braxton.
        I am hoping that I have not repeated myself, but
        looking back over some of our exchanges, I was
        concerned that I might have overlooked some points.
        Whenever I get additional information on one of the
        families I am researching, I go back through my files
        and make sure that I provide up-dates to everyone who
        has written me or the group on the topic.
        Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I plan to go
        through Census records to see if there is anything I
        may have overlooked in them. Next, I plan to review
        land records for any kinship information they might
        provide along with the land transactions.
        Another source I have only touched on is pension
        applications like the one you sent me. These also show
        kinship ties that might not now be available any where
        else.

        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        Access over 1 million songs.
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited