Re: [genpcncfir]

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      Dear Evelyn,
      I will remind myself to check into these people for
      you. My great uncle George Asa McGowan married Laura
      Rogers, whose name may have been spelled either Rogers
      or Rodgers.
      I will see if I can trace her and if she is related
      to these families.
      Later, Carol

      --- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Rodgers, R. A., born Dec. 8, 1850; died June 6, 1929
      >
      > Rodgers, Mary T., wife of R. A. Rodgers, born 1853;
      > died May 28, 1916
      >
      > Marvin R., son of R. A. & Mary T. Rodgers, born
      > 1889; died 1891
      >
      > George C. Rodgers, born 1880; died 1882
      >
      > Jack Ann, wife of R. A. Rodgers, born Mar. 14, 1853;
      > died July (?) 1882
      >
      > Infant son of Lee & Banner Webb Amerson, Feb. 3,
      > 1911
      >
      > Banner Webb Amerson, wife of Lee Amerson, Jan. 14,
      > 1880, Feb. 15, 1911
      >
      > Amanda Owens, 1857-1925
      >
      > Lee Amerson, Oct. 8, 1877, July 8, 1944
      >

      > Undertaker marker
      >
      > Ada Amerson, 1898-1973
      >

      > James Barfield, Dec. 15, 1876' Jan. 21, 1914
      >
      > Infant son of James & Susan Barfield, July 11, 1906
      >
      > Mary J., wife of Calvin Rodgers, born 1820, died
      > Apr. 18,1886
      >
      > G. G. Page, Sept. 15, 1885;Jan. 24, 1928
      >
      > Thomas Page, born May 20, 1857' died July 7, 1952
      >
      > Martha Ann, wife of Thomas Page, born Jan. 6, 1855,
      > died Feb. 19, 1913
      >
      > George Duke, Feb. 12, 1890; Jan. 11, 1939
      >
      > Nora A. Duke, Dec. 15, 1894; Oct. 7, 1936
      >
      > Infant daughter of Geo. & Nora Duke, Mar. 13, 1922
      >
      > Infant son of Geo. & Nora Duke, Apr. 22, 1921
      >

      > Luther G., son of Geo. & Nora Duke, Oct. 20, 1918;
      > May 21, 1920
      >
      > Wealthy, wife of Jess turner, born Sept. 25, 1886;
      > died Dec. 11, 1909
      >
      > Drucilla Perkins, Nov. 18, 1847; Apr. 19, 1931
      >
      > Nannie E. Thigpen, Sept. 16, 1899; June 25, 1900
      >
      > Joseph Henry Thigpen, Nov. 10, 1906; Aug. 1, 1908
      >
      > Appie Mercer, June 16, 1897; Nov. 5, 1898
      >
      > Alexander, son of W. H. Sookey (Sockey) Carter, June
      > 24, 1902, Oct. 5, 1902
      >
      > Mary dau. Of W. H. & Sookey Carter, Jan. 28, 1896;
      > Feb. 19, 1897
      >
      > Sudie P., dau. Of Will & Blance Taylor, born Sept.
      > 9, 1915; died Jan. 18, 1916
      >
      > Mary B., dau. Of Will & Blanche Taylor, born Oct.
      > 15, 1918; died Oct. 16, 1918
      >
      > Minnie Blanch, wife of Will Taylor, born Jan. 13,
      > 1893; died Oct. 17, 1918
      >
      > B. J., son of W. & S. Taylor, Jan. 10, 1925; Oct. 6,
      > 1926
      >
      > Willie D., son of W. & S. Taylor, Feb. 10, 1930;
      > Oct. 6, 1930
      >
      > Adell Taylor, wife of Henry C. Howell, March 1,
      > 1912; Jan. 23, 1938
      >
      > Henry C. Howell, Apr. 2, 1899; Aug. 2, 1942
      >
      > Infant son of Harvey & Celia Mercer, Dec. 2, 1933;
      > Dec. 10, 1933
      >
      > Viella T. Webb, Aug. 17, 1891; Ooct. 23, 1959
      >
      > Willie Webb, May 3, 1880' Sept. 17, 1943
      >
      > Betty McLean, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton; Apr.
      > 17, 1933; Apr. 15, 1934
      >
      > Hattie Ruth, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton, Feb.
      > 4, 1938; Feb. 12, 1938
      >
      > Luther Mercer' 1900-1971
      >
      > James Everett Amerson, son of Luby & Madeline
      > Amerson, Oct. 27, 1928; May 28, 1929
      >
      > Lonnie Bailey, Feb. 3, 1937; Oct. 5, 1943
      >
      > Douglas Lee Bailey; Mar. 28, 1931; Mar. 27, 1934

      Sponsored Link

      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
        Thank you for the kind offer, I am not doing much right now with genealogy
        since it is rather difficult to type with one arm in a cast. Yesterday I
        returned from a twelve day visit to our local hospital, ten of which were in
        the intensive care unit.(not related to the arm, which was incurred in a
        fall.,) I feel more than ever the urgency to get everything in order, I even
        suggested to my son that he contact the list before disposing of my papers.
        I was sure someone would be able to make suggestions for him. Imagine my
        surprise and delight when he, who has never shown much interest, said he
        thought he would like to continue it. So then I told him that any of you
        good people would be glad to help him in any way, I hope you don’t mind me
        offering your services. Everyone has always been very helpful.

        We have been very interested in following the health pattern in the family.
        I think we have it pinned down to the Mercer side, or maybe the
        Mercer-Bailey combination.

        So until it is a little easier to type I will just monitor for a while.

        Evelyn

        _____

        --- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@... <mailto:rebh%40ec.rr.com> > wrote:

> [...]
        > Oct. 6, 1930
        >
        > Adell Taylor, wife of Henry C. Howell, March 1,
        > 1912; Jan. 23, 1938
        >
        > Henry C. Howell, Apr. 2, 1899; Aug. 2, 1942
        >
        > Infant son of Harvey & Celia Mercer, Dec. 2, 1933;
        > Dec. 10, 1933
        >
        > Viella T. Webb, Aug. 17, 1891; Ooct. 23, 1959
        >
        > Willie Webb, May 3, 1880' Sept. 17, 1943
        >
        > Betty McLean, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton; Apr.
        > 17, 1933; Apr. 15, 1934
        >
        > Hattie Ruth, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton, Feb.
        > 4, 1938; Feb. 12, 1938
        >
        > Luther Mercer' 1900-1971
        >
        > James Everett Amerson, son of Luby & Madeline
        > Amerson, Oct. 27, 1928; May 28, 1929
        >
        > Lonnie Bailey, Feb. 3, 1937; Oct. 5, 1943
        >
        > Douglas Lee Bailey; Mar. 28, 1931; Mar. 27, 1934
        >

        > Evelyn Hendricks

        Sponsored Link

        Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
        Sign up now. http://www.vonage <http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/>
        com/startsavingnow/

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
          Dear Evelyn,
          Good for your son! Some of us, perhaps many of us,
          are latecomers to family history. If the demands on
          our time do not prevent our pursuits, then our
          preoccupation with figuring out who we are and what
          hand we have been dealt in the game of life do the job
          quite effectively.
          Additionally, I always trusted that there was
          tomorrow when today tripped me up. Then,as a footnote,
          I told myself that should tomorrow never come, then I
          would have my answers all too soon.
          Mama's ill health forced me at an early age to
          become caretaker of my younger siblings. I had no time
          to think of myself and of the future because of the
          very pressing present. The past--well, it wasn't
          helping us much back then, and I couldn't very well
          rewrite it, even if I had wanted to, could I? So, I
          just let it slide, figuring that the records were
          there and would always be there waiting for me when
          life gave me a breather.
          I am happy, and I see that you are too, for your
          son's interest at whatever age it has blossomed. If in
          any way, I can help him with his questions or
          research, I will certainly step forward, and I feel
          sure that our other group members will do the same.
          I am sorry to hear of your illness but glad that
          you have returned home. I think often of you and your
          generosity in helping me on more occasions than I can
          count. It will be a pleasure for me to be able to
          return the favor in furthering your researches on your
          own family.
          A speedy and full recovery to you. Thinking often
          of you, Carol

          === message truncated ===

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com