Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington-Nichols

  • jow
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2006
      My records show that the children of Ambrose and Susan Mills
      Witherington/Worthington were Martha "Patsy", Frederick, Spiers, Robert A,
      Jemima, Isaac W and Elizabeth. There appears to be no Nancy. Their son
      Robert A had a daughter Nancy, b abt 1833, who married James Ringold.

      Jean W
      jowgen@...

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2006
        Thank you so much for your response. I finally looked at my files and notes. Robert and Lois Hardison had a daughter named Nancy who married Elisha Nichols. Robert was the brother of Ambrose. It seems that Nancy and Elisha Nichols moved to Georgia. It looks like a bunch of that group did. I did have Nancy connected to the wrong parents. Robert who was a son of Ambrose and Susannah had a daughter Nancy, too. Robert happens to be my ggg grandfather. His daughter Susan was my gg grandmother, and Maide McLawhorn was my g grandmother. Susan married Jonathan McLawhorn (McGlohorn).
        I guess I got all this straight! LOL Thanks, Dani
        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
        ~ Mark Twain

      • Marcia McLawhorn
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2, 2006
          Dani,
          This is my source....

          Groom: Nichols, Elisha
          Bride: Weatherington, Nancey*
          Bond Date: July 15, 1830
          Bondsman, Witness or Clerk:
          Key 3

          3. Personal papers, original bonds, contributed to the
          NC Archives, Raleigh, NC, by Brenda Davis Stocks,
          1998. Contributed by her, and published in the Pitt
          County Genealogical Quarterly, Vol. V, No. 1, p. 1;
          Feb. 1998.

          Marcia

          --- Dani <doverton1@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for your help, Carol. I was away in North
          > Carolina and Virginia for 14 days, and got two
          > e-mails concerning Elias Nichols. Never fails, I
          > wish I could get answers on my direct line-LOL. I
          > think I got the information from Miss Leah
          > McGlohon's book, and since Nancy and Elisha was not
          > my direct ancestors I did not really pursue it. But
          > any information you have would be appreciated.
          > Cynthia and Elisha's ggg grandson would appreciate
          > it, too. Thanks again, Dani
          > Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
          > by the things that you didn't do than by the ones
          > you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
          > from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your
          > sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
          > ~ Mark Twain

        • Charity Ackerman
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 14, 2006
            Dani,
            Do you have a list of Nancy's siblings?. My gggrandmother was Lois Hardison
            and the Worthington's are there also.
            Charity
            > Thank you so much for your response. I finally looked at my files and
            notes. Robert and Lois Hardison had a daughter named Nancy who married
            Elisha Nichols. Robert was the brother of Ambrose. It seems that Nancy and
            Elisha Nichols moved to Georgia. It looks like a bunch of that group did.
            I did have Nancy connected to the wrong parents. Robert who was a son of
            Ambrose and Susannah had a daughter Nancy, too. Robert happens to be my ggg
            grandfather. His daughter Susan was my gg grandmother, and Maide McLawhorn
            was my g grandmother. Susan married Jonathan McLawhorn (McGlohorn).
            > I guess I got all this straight! LOL Thanks, Dani
            > Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you
            didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
            from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
            Discover.
            > ~ Mark Twain

            information:

          • Dani
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 15, 2006
              Hi Charity,

              The children I have listed for Robert and Lois are: Sarah, Noah, Nancy m Elisha Nichols, William, Argent, Robert 111 (1808-1898), Richard. These are the siblings I have, sorry I don't have dates for all of them. Can someone verify this information? Thank you, Dani
              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
              ~ Mark Twain

            • rebendever
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2007
                Our family records indicate that Nancy Witherington (c.1799) is
                second wife to Elisha F. Nichols married about c.1830.
                nancy & Elisha had three children: Richard (1834), Arcina (1838) &
                Beady (1840) Nichols. I don't know when nancy passed by Elisha
                remarries after nancy passes.

                I am new to this group so i will introduce myself. My name is Richard
                E. Bendever and Elisha F. Nichols if ggg grandfather to my Nana (my
                grandmother, Eliza Belle Nichols 1907-1997)

                Our tree has a great deal of information on this family but we also
                have a lot of holes, too. I have been posting the information as I
                have time and I still have a buch more to post. You can find our link
                to Elisha F. Nichols at www.DEBENLLC.com or contact me directly at
                rebendever @...

                Thanks in advance for the assistance, Richard
                --- Original message from "Charity Ackerman" <charity46@...> wrote:

                > Dani,
                > Do you have a list of Nancy's siblings?. My gggrandmother was Lois
                Hardison
                > and the Worthington's are there also.
                > Charity
              • Marcia McLawhorn
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 9, 2007
                  Dear Richard E. Bendever,

                  I looked at your web site. It appears that you are indicating that Rebecca Hewitt (b:1848) daughter of Benjamin Hewitt and Isabella [Sellers] Hewitt Nichols Minton, who is the second wife of Elisha F. Nichols, married secondly James Wiley Nichols, son of Elisha F. Nichols' and his first wife.

                  Age isn't quite right, I found a 1880 census for the Rebecca and James Wiley Nichols' (1841-1869) children:
                  1880 Household:
                  Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace W.H. DYKES Self M Male W 46 FL Farmer SC GA Rebecca DYKES Wife M Female W 41 NC House Keeper NC NC M.L. DYKES Son Male W 20 FL Laborer FL NC John R. HAMILTON SSon Male W 18 FL Laborer FL NC Isabella NICHOLS SDau S Female W 13 FL Laborer FL NC Sarah NICHOLS SDau S Female W 11 FL FL NC James Y. NICHOLS SSon S Male W 9 FL FL NC Alex M. DYKES Son S Male W 6 FL FL NC Mary E. DYKES Dau S Female W 4 FL FL NC

                  ---------------------------------
                  Source Information:
                  Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577C

                  next door is probably another son of Rebecca's:
                  1880 Household:
                  Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace William H. HAMILTON Self Male W 21 FL Farmer FL NC

                  ---------------------------------
                  Source Information:
                  Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

                  Next door to him is probably son of Isabella [Sellers] Hewitt Nichols Minton, 3rd wife of Elisha F. Nichols. Is he married to Julia Nichols, daughter of Sarah Ann Hall and Alfred Nichols (son of Elisha F. Nichols first wife)? Her age is right, but birth state wrong! The given names are within greater family.
                  1880 Household:
                  Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Hayden HEWETT Self M Male W 30 FL Farmer NC NC Julia HEWETT Wife M Female W 30 FL House Keeper NC NC John HEWETT Son S Male W 12 FL Laborer FL FL Nelson HEWETT Son S Male W 10 FL Laborer FL FL Green HEWETT Son S Male W 8 FL FL FL Elizabeth HEWETT Dau S Female W 6 FL FL FL Rebecca HEWETT Dau S Female W 4 FL FL FL Nancey Ella HEWETT Dau S Female W 1 FL FL FL
                  ---------------------------------

                  Source Information:
                  Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

                  Next door to him is probably son:
                  1880 Household:
                  Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace J.M. HEWETT Self M Male W 44 NC Farmer NC NC Manda HEWETT Wife M Female W 35 FL House Keeper NC NC Emma HEWETT Dau Female W 14 FL Laborer FL FL Allice HEWETT Dau S Female W 10 FL Laborer FL FL Randy HEWETT Dau S Female W 8 FL FL FL Thomas HEWETT Son S Male W 7 FL FL FL Mitchael HEWETT Son S Male W 4 FL FL FL Babe HEWETT Son S Male W 1 FL FL FL

                  Source Information:
                  Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

                  Next door to him is probably mom: 1880 Household:
                  Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Isabella MINTON Mother Female W 62 NC Boarder NC NC