Re: [genpcncfir] KNOX - George Evans Knox

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2006
      Name: George E Knox ,
      Residence: Brunswick County, North Carolina
      Enlistment Date: 19 February 1862
      Distinguished Service: DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
      Side Served: Confederacy
      State Served: North Carolina
      Unit Numbers: 33 33
      Service Record: Promoted to Full Captain (As of NC 56th Militia)
      Promoted to Full
      Enlisted as a Lieutenant 1st Class on 19 February 1862 at the age of 35
      Commission in Company Batty K, 2nd Light Artillery Regiment North Carolina
      on 19 February 1862.
      Resigned disability Company Batty K, 2nd Light Artillery Regiment North
      Carolina on 12 July 1862

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC

      "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
      chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
      before us and showed us the way."

      Thomas Mann

      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
      route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2006
          Name of Slave Owner Home in 1850
          (City,County,State) View Image

          Redding Knox Falkland, Pitt, North Carolina
          Bryant Knox Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
          Churchill Knox Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

          "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
          chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
          before us and showed us the way."

          Thomas Mann

          Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
          Live Search!
          http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline