Re: [genpcncfir] KNOX - George Evans Knox

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2006
      Have you seen the Knox Newsletter. I have a couple of pages from a 1992
      copy. It stated that if you were interested in receiving this letter
      contact: Constance Knox 4750 Topeka Drive Tarana, CA 91356. I do not
      know if this is still published.

      On of the pages I have lists a George Knox who m. July 23, 1875 Lucy Ward of
      Martin County, NC.
      Also noted in the copy is a note that G. Knox and Redden Knox are buried in
      Spring Green Church Cemetery in Hamilton, NC.

      There is numerous notes on this page. I might could scan and send to you if
      you like.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2006
        Name: George E Knox ,
        Residence: Brunswick County, North Carolina
        Enlistment Date: 19 February 1862
        Distinguished Service: DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
        Side Served: Confederacy
        State Served: North Carolina
        Unit Numbers: 33 33
        Service Record: Promoted to Full Captain (As of NC 56th Militia)
        Promoted to Full
        Enlisted as a Lieutenant 1st Class on 19 February 1862 at the age of 35
        Commission in Company Batty K, 2nd Light Artillery Regiment North Carolina
        on 19 February 1862.
        Resigned disability Company Batty K, 2nd Light Artillery Regiment North
        Carolina on 12 July 1862

        Paula Anne Baker
        paulabaker69@...
        Greene County NC

        "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
        chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
        before us and showed us the way."

        Thomas Mann

        Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
        route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2006
            Name of Slave Owner Home in 1850
            (City,County,State) View Image

            Redding Knox Falkland, Pitt, North Carolina
            Bryant Knox Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina
            Churchill Knox Greenville, Pitt, North Carolina

            Paula Anne Baker
            paulabaker69@...
            Greene County NC

            "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
            chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
            before us and showed us the way."

            Thomas Mann

            Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
            Live Search!
            http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline