Grimesland

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2006
      I believe that the Methodist Church in Grimesland closed and was turned into a Hispanic church. I could be wrong on this. But I know some renovations were made to it a few years ago. Also they were asking for donations of items for families.

      The Daily Reflector would be one of the newspapers that would have articles of local communities. I know I have seen brief reports on who was visiting or about activities in the community. This was for a number of the communities and schools in the county. You can glean a lot of info from this paper.

      If you read Roger Kammerer's article on Simpson you will find at one time it was called Chicod. This was posted on PCFR's mail list.

      I was just helping a fellow today on a building in Grimesland about its history. Owners, when built? I found the people that had different businesses in the building but not who built it. Have to do a little more research on that.
      Bill

    • skipper4095386@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2006
        My understanding is that the people from the Methodist Church in Grimsland
        left their Grimesland building and combined with the members in the Salem Church
        located in Simpson. The church building in Grimesland is now an hispanic
        church.

        Judy