David Jones

  • jonefa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      I am not sure this is right, but looking for the father of Amanda Jones who married W.E.Phillips Sr. (My grandson's line.)

      Does anyone have Jones ancestors and will you look at this if you do.

      Faye Hays

      Descendants of David Jones

      Generation No. 1

      1. David1 Jones was born Abt. 1738, and died 1798 in Gates Co NC.

      Notes for David Jones:

      David Jones, will proved 1798, children included Hezekiah, James, David, Pheriba, Judith, Easter, Priscilla, Mary Ellen, and Ann. Ann married a Phillips and was left out of the inheritance. Looking for evidence that Ann married Solomon Phillips.

      Children of David Jones are:

      2 i. James2 Jones1. He married Anzsy Jones; born 1815.

      Notes for James Jones:

      1790 Edgecombe County:

      James Jones 1 male over 16, 2 males under 16, 2 females, 2 slaves

      3 ii. Hekeziah Jones.

      4 iii. David Jones.

      5 iv. Pheribah Jones.

      6 v. Judith Jones.

      7 vi. Easter Jones.

      8 vii. Priscilla Jones.

      Endnotes

      1. 1860 Edgecombe Co., NC Census, pg 203.