Re: Thomas Arnold

  • horserider_tcl
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 3, 2006
      I went to the cemetary about a year ago, and there was no path. We
      had to walk through a field to get to the cemetary which is in a
      stand of trees and underbrush.

      Tammy Lilley

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kittrell" <wbk99@...> wrote:

      > It is on the east side of Black Jack-Grimesland Road about 1 to 2
      miles
      > south of Grimesland. There is a old path leading off the road just
      a little
      > north of Galloway Road. This path would be beside where some
      chicken houses
      > use to be. I was told by Johnny D. Arnold that the old Arnold
      house was up
      > this path as well as the cemetery. On the old 1903 map it showed a
      path
      > through to the house and over to the Grimesland Bridge Road. I
      don't know
      > if the path is open to the cemetery now as it was nearly blocked
      when I
      > walked to the cemetery. Johnny told me the old huse burned years
      ago.

      Grimesland.

    • billgaylearnold@cs.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 5, 2006
        Thanks Bill. Again it looks like these Arnolds were there long after my
        clan moved on to Washington County, Georgia.