Re: [genpcncfir] Re: McLawhorn

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 2, 2006
      Bill & Trish,
      I have Jeremiah & wife burried at
      Jeremiah McLawhon Cemetery, 1 mile E. of Scuffleton
      (Pitt), North Carolina, USA.

      Is that the same place as
      Old Snow Hill Road, just west of Sumrell Road (Might
      be called Pleasant Plains Road now), near the water
      tower west of Ayden.

      Looking at a map it is possible as Scuffleton is west
      of Ayden.

      If this is right, thank you Bill, very much, I did not
      know where Aaron was buried.

      Trish, I could be wrong, but I have Mrs. Cathrine
      'Cathon' (Harper) Hart [b:May1833-May1834, d:26 May
      1883], mother of Edward E. 'Edy' Heart [b:Jul 1864],
      wife of Jesse Heart.

      Big lightening storm, I need to get off. Its the 4th
      storm with hail today and power has been flickering.
      Marcia

      --- Trish Worthington Cobb <turniproots@...>
      wrote:

      > Bill and Marcia,
      >
      > J. E. McLawhorn would be Jonathan's son Jeremiah who
      > married Mrs.
      > Catherine Harper Hart, widow of Edward Hart.
      >
      > Near the J. C. C. Jenkins cem. makes sense, because
      > two of Jonathans
      > children married Jenkins. His dau. Dicy married
      > Irvin Jenkins who
      > was brother of John C. C. Jenkins.
      >
      > Four of Jonathan's children married Worthingtons.
      >
      > It is eerie how many McLawhorn-Worthington marriages
      > there were in
      > Pitt County.
      >
      > I wonder why Aaron McLawhorn would be buried in the
      > same pace. I
      > don't see that close a connection between him and
      > this Jeremiah,
      > although they must have been cousins.
      >
      > Trish
      >

      > On Oct 1, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Bill Kittrell wrote:
      >
      > > I will have to do so some more checking on
      > Jonathan.
      > >
      > > I do have record on J. E. McLawhorn b. April 9,
      > 1833 d. Jan 15, 1916
      > > His wife Catherine b. d. May 26, 1882
      > >
      > > Also Aaron McLawhorn b. Jan 12, 1824 d. May 6,
      > 1903
      > >
      > > Both of these men are buried on the Old Snow Hill
      > Road, just west
      > > of Sumrell Road. (Might be called Pleasant Plains
      > Road now, but not
      > > sure) It is near the water tower west of Ayden.
      > >
      > > These two sites are near the J. C. C. Jenkins
      > cemetery.

    • LARRY BODOH
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2 6:13 AM
        My wife's ancestor was Mary Sauls ((b. 1803 in Florida or Louisiana) married Thomas Bradshaw who died Dec. 17, 1844 in Franklin, St. Mary, Louisiana. She died after 1880 in Fayette County, Texas (also lived in Bell County or Milam County, Texas). Children include: James, Elizabeth, Silas, Joseph and Daniel. Any connection to your Sauls?

        To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom: marcia_mclawhorn@...: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:37:49 -0800Subject: [genpcncfir] Sauls

        suz, I do not have these people! What birth or death year do you have [or estimate]?Marciawasauls@... wrote:... I have Sauls on our tree but am stumped does anyone have stephen edward sauls? he was married to maryann sweatthanks, suz.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]