Re: McLawhorn

  • Trish Worthington Cobb
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 1, 2006
      Bill and Marcia,

      J. E. McLawhorn would be Jonathan's son Jeremiah who married Mrs.
      Catherine Harper Hart, widow of Edward Hart.

      Near the J. C. C. Jenkins cem. makes sense, because two of Jonathans
      children married Jenkins. His dau. Dicy married Irvin Jenkins who
      was brother of John C. C. Jenkins.

      Four of Jonathan's children married Worthingtons.

      It is eerie how many McLawhorn-Worthington marriages there were in
      Pitt County.

      I wonder why Aaron McLawhorn would be buried in the same pace. I
      don't see that close a connection between him and this Jeremiah,
      although they must have been cousins.

      Trish

      On Oct 1, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Bill Kittrell wrote:

      > I will have to do so some more checking on Jonathan.
      >
      > I do have record on J. E. McLawhorn b. April 9, 1833 d. Jan 15, 1916
      > His wife Catherine b. d. May 26, 1882
      >
      > Also Aaron McLawhorn b. Jan 12, 1824 d. May 6, 1903
      >
      > Both of these men are buried on the Old Snow Hill Road, just west
      > of Sumrell Road. (Might be called Pleasant Plains Road now, but not
      > sure) It is near the water tower west of Ayden.
      >
      > These two sites are near the J. C. C. Jenkins cemetery.

    • LARRY BODOH
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2008
        My wife's ancestor was Mary Sauls ((b. 1803 in Florida or Louisiana) married Thomas Bradshaw who died Dec. 17, 1844 in Franklin, St. Mary, Louisiana. She died after 1880 in Fayette County, Texas (also lived in Bell County or Milam County, Texas). Children include: James, Elizabeth, Silas, Joseph and Daniel. Any connection to your Sauls?

        To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom: marcia_mclawhorn@...: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:37:49 -0800Subject: [genpcncfir] Sauls

        suz, I do not have these people! What birth or death year do you have [or estimate]?Marciawasauls@... wrote:... I have Sauls on our tree but am stumped does anyone have stephen edward sauls? he was married to maryann sweatthanks, suz.---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]