Jonathan McGLAWHORN DOD

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 30, 2006
      Thank you, Trish.
      I went back to my copy of Leah's book and saw that I
      did not finish adding that source to the data I used.

      However, I have been trying to ...verify data... that
      I have by ...primary or secondary... sources. I was
      hoping there was a known death certificate, tombstone,
      newspaper report or will.

      Since Jonathan was living with his son on the 1870
      census and didn't die until 1887, I wonder where he
      was when the 1880 census taker came?

      Marcia

      --- Trish Worthington Cobb <turniproots@...>
      wrote:
      > Marcia,
      > Leah McGlohon wrote, "In his late years Jonathan
      > resided with his son Samuel. He died about 1887.
      > Allen Warren was appointed administrator of the
      > estate of a Jonathan McLawhorn on Sept. 24, 1887
      > (Exr.-1, p. 280). Jonathan and Mary had six sons
      > and seven daughters."
      > Trish

    • Trish Worthington Cobb
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 2, 2006
        Thanks for sending this.

        This was a different Jeremiah McGlohon. There were several in the
        McGlohon/McLawhorn family. Jeremiah was a popular McGlohon/McLawhorn
        family name which was also passed down in the Worthington family,
        since the two families intermarried frequently.

        Trish