Militia

  • billgaylearnold@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2006
      Can anybody tell me where I can find out if there were a militia unit in Pitt
      County in 1780-81?
      Bill Arnold

    • Edith Cox
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        There was a militia in Pitt County as Benjamin May of the Farmville area was
        Captain and then Major of the unit. He is revolutionary patriot for many DAR
        members.
        I do not know of a militia list but would be happy to have that information.
        Edith