Re: [genpcncfir] Manning, McLawhorn, Meeks

  • dmbohall29@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2006
      Dear Bob,

      I did not know that there was a general store on Falkland Hwy that is still
      run by the McLawhorn family. Most of my family that I can remember lived in
      the Ayden area. They were from the Warren McLawhorn family. I really get
      confused trying to put these family together because their marriages.

      Thanks for you letter.

      Doris Bohall
      _dmbohall29@..._ (mailto:dmbohall29@...)

      Dear Doris - Switching your topic just slightly as noted on the subject
      line.... while I don't know the details on your McLawhorn, Manning & Meeks
      ancestors, might I presume they were at one point in time associated with the
      general store on Falkland Hwy about one mi. west of the Pitt Medical Complex,
      today's location of the famous B's BBQ and Grill that is still run by the
      McLawhorn family? I think they must have been, for all 3 of those surnames have
      been associated with that store/gas station/grill in the past or present.

      For others on the list who may be curious about the place I speak of, I just
      posted two photos of it in the "Falkland Hwy" folder on our group's photo
      link:

      _http://ph.groups.http://ph.http://ph.groupshttp://_

      One of the things I noticed about the photo link while posting, is that if
      you check the box under the folder before opening it, it will allow you to
      read the slightly longer and more descriptive captions I wrote under each of
      them. An even dozen photos appear in that folder now... on the very last one of
      Gov. Carr's home, I fudged just a bit off the folder topic in that it's
      located about a mi. off the Falkand Hwy, west of Falkland on Colonial Rd.

      Enjoy! (but warning: a couple of the photos might make you crave some BBQ)

      Bob Forbes
      _bforbes@..._ (mailto:bforbes@...)