Re: [genpcncfir] Hagans

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 15, 2006
      John,
      My short answer is no.

      I believe that your Charles James O'HAGAN was born in
      Co. Londonderry, Ireland to Martha O'KANE [d: 1853]
      and John Patrick O'HAGAN [d: bef 1850]. There were at
      least eight children.

      He became a physician and then immigrated to the USA,
      but I haven't researched when or how. In 1846, he
      marries Ann Elizabeth Courtney 'Eliza' Forrest, a Pitt
      county girl. The 1850 NC Census indicates he is the
      father of a 2 yo and his two younger sisters live with
      him. His younger brother, John is also in Pitt county
      before 1875.

      Many Hagans (all spellings) immigrated to the USA,
      many from Ireland.
      Johan HAGEN entire family from Romskog, Norway by 1921
      Thomas HAGAN maybe from Tyrone (Munster), Ireland
      married in Maryland in 09 Jun 1670

      Ann and my Dempsey Hagens evidently married 12 Oct
      1835 Edgecombe County. I don't know yet if he was born
      here or immigrated. There is a possibility he
      descended from Thomas HAGAN.

      Marcia

      --- JGrimes227@... wrote:

      > any of these Hagens, Hagans, Haguns (whatever)
      > related to the O'Hagens in
      > Pitt County, NC??

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 15, 2006