Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Winterville H. S. senior class 1925-26

    Message 1 of 70 , Sep 11, 2006
      Dear Dani,
      That must have been so weird--the "under the desk
      drills."
      I remember that here in Richmond, Virginia the
      craze was bomb shelters. Many people invested in them,
      building a basement shelter or placing one in the
      yard. Bill Kittrell noted in one of his e-mails when a
      member inquired about a property he had purchased that
      there might be an underground bomb shelter on it.
      Mama figured that a bomb shelter only ensured that
      one would die of the fall-out later if he escaped the
      actual blast.
      Therefore, she did not even consider building one.
      Later, Carol

      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 11, 2006
        Dear Dani,