Re: [genpcncfir] Beaver Dam near Piney Grove Church/Crawfords

  • skipper4095386@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006
      My husband has a Crawford line. Calvin Crawford was his great great
      grandfather.

      His Crawford line is:

      James Crawford, Calvin Crawford, Mary Elizabeth Crawford that married George
      W. Vanderford, Verna Vanderford that married Thomas Ebby Dickerson. Verna and
      Thomas were married January 05, 1913 in the Piney Grove Church and were my
      husband's grandparents.

      Mt. Olive College has a FWB History Room located in their library. The next
      time I go, (and I don't know when that will be) I will be looking at all Pitt
      County churches. Maybe I will find something on Piney Grove. If so, I'll be
      sure to make a posting.

      Judy

    • Kelly Mooring
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006
        Judy, I have a friend that has been a member of Piney Grove for a number of years and may be able to give you some information. Let me be sure it is okay to put the two of you in touch.

        Kelly D. Mooring

      • skipper4095386@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006
          Thanks...You never know when a new contact may open up a whole new world!
          Judy

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
            Margaret Vandiford was my ancestress from my Braxton
            line--my great, great aunt!
            The Crawfords are related to two of my families. James
            Braxton married Martha Crawford. She was the daughter
            of Allen and Siddy Crawford. James and Martha were my
            great, great grandparents from the Braxton line.
            I guess that makes us kin!
            Later, Carol

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
              Dear Judy,
              Do you know anything about the Crawford family
              farther back than the parents of Calvin?