Re: [genpcncfir] Tripp

  • Tracy Stancil
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      David Trippe married Mary Mayo on May 13, 1856 Craven County.

      It appears that the following census entry from 1850 is probably the groom with his parents:
      Griffins Twnshp, Pitt
      Tripp, Cullen 57 y.o.
      Olley 45 y.o.
      David 14 y.o.
      Not sure if Cullen Tripp is David's father, but he probably is. Cullen was in the war of 1812 from Pitt County, was listed as holding a slave in 1840. Cullen's father is reported to be Caleb Tripp in some on-line postings.