Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Winterville H. S. senior class 1925-26 Brandol James (grad. 1926)

  • Trish Worthington Cobb
    Message 1 of 70 , Sep 1, 2006
      Lisa,

      Thanks for this.

      I didn't have much data on his family. I had B. F. and Mabel M. Cox
      James. I had gotten parents and four children from the 1920 census.
      B. F. James was a barber in Winterville in 1920.

      The house where they lived in Winterville is still there, across the
      street from where the old high school stood.

      You added full names and a birth date for Brandol, where I had only
      an estimated birth date.

      I have learned that Brandol was a musician. He played in church &
      taught piano in Roanoke Rapids. As far as I know, he never married.

      Trish

      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 11, 2006
        Dear Dani,
        That must have been so weird--the "under the desk
        drills."
        I remember that here in Richmond, Virginia the
        craze was bomb shelters. Many people invested in them,
        building a basement shelter or placing one in the
        yard. Bill Kittrell noted in one of his e-mails when a
        member inquired about a property he had purchased that
        there might be an underground bomb shelter on it.
        Mama figured that a bomb shelter only ensured that
        one would die of the fall-out later if he escaped the
        actual blast.
        Therefore, she did not even consider building one.
        Later, Carol