Re: [genpcncfir] Winterville H. S. senior class 1925-26

    Message 1 of 70 , Sep 1, 2006
      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC

      "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
      chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
      before us and showed us the way."

      Thomas Mann

      Name: Cecil Turner
      Death Date: 23 Feb 1968
      Death County: Pitt
      Date Death Recorded: Feb 1968
      Death Age: 65
      Burial Type:

      Birth Date: 1903

      Residence County: Pitt
      Gender: Male
      Race: White
      Marital Status: Married
      Autopsy: No
      Institution: Home
      Attendant: Physician

      Source: NC Department of Health. North Carolina Deaths, 1968-69
      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 11, 2006
        Dear Dani,
        That must have been so weird--the "under the desk
        drills."
        I remember that here in Richmond, Virginia the
        craze was bomb shelters. Many people invested in them,
        building a basement shelter or placing one in the
        yard. Bill Kittrell noted in one of his e-mails when a
        member inquired about a property he had purchased that
        there might be an underground bomb shelter on it.
        Mama figured that a bomb shelter only ensured that
        one would die of the fall-out later if he escaped the
        actual blast.
        Therefore, she did not even consider building one.
        Later, Carol