RE: [genpcncfir] Winterville H. S. senior class 1925-26

    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 31, 2006
      This is the closest I could find for this man.

      Name: Charlie Laddie Hobgood
      Death Date: 8 Apr 1988
      Death City: Oxford
      Death County: Granville
      Death State: North Carolina
      Death Age: 62
      Burial Location: Burial in state

      Birth Date: 11 Sep 1925
      Birth Location: North Carolina

      Residence County: Granville
      Residence State: North Carolina
      Father: Hobgood
      Gender: Male
      Race: White
      Marital Status: Never Married
      Social Security Number: 227201712
      Autopsy: No
      Institution: General Hospital
      Attendant: Physician

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC

      "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
      chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
      before us and showed us the way."

      Thomas Mann
      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 11, 2006
        Dear Dani,
        That must have been so weird--the "under the desk
        drills."
        I remember that here in Richmond, Virginia the
        craze was bomb shelters. Many people invested in them,
        building a basement shelter or placing one in the
        yard. Bill Kittrell noted in one of his e-mails when a
        member inquired about a property he had purchased that
        there might be an underground bomb shelter on it.
        Mama figured that a bomb shelter only ensured that
        one would die of the fall-out later if he escaped the
        actual blast.
        Therefore, she did not even consider building one.
        Later, Carol