Winterville H. S. senior class 1925-26

  • Trish Worthington Cobb
    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 31, 2006
      These a few of the students who were in the same senior class as my
      aunt, Alma Danez Worthington, the Class of 1925-26 at Winterville
      High School (Pitt County, NC).

      Sarah Brown Braxton (Hunnicutt) (grad. 1926)

      Mae Belle Carroll (grad. 1926)

      Robert Vernon "Rowdy" Worthington

      Bruce Tucker (male) (grad. 1926)

      Charlie Hobgood

      Brandol James (grad. 1926)

      Larry Stocks

      and their teacher, Cecil Turner

      I am trying to gather more information on them to complete an
      unfinished project I started a couple of years ago. Most of the
      students would have been born about 1908, 1909 or 1910.

      I have gathered some information on a number of the other students
      who graduated in the Class of 1926, but additional information would
      be welcomed. These graduates are:

      Lina Worthington

      Alma Danez Worthington (my aunt)

      Anna Belle Tyson (Anderson)

      Wilbur Leroy Worthington

      Roxie Earle James (Waters)

      Haywood Ammoriah McLawhorn

      Mark Howard Worthington

      Any biographical information will be helpful - parents, spouses,
      descendants, what they did after graduation, and especially other
      living relatives that I may contact.

      Thanks,
      Trish Worthington Cobb
      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 11 6:50 AM
        Dear Dani,
        That must have been so weird--the "under the desk
        drills."
        I remember that here in Richmond, Virginia the
        craze was bomb shelters. Many people invested in them,
        building a basement shelter or placing one in the
        yard. Bill Kittrell noted in one of his e-mails when a
        member inquired about a property he had purchased that
        there might be an underground bomb shelter on it.
        Mama figured that a bomb shelter only ensured that
        one would die of the fall-out later if he escaped the
        actual blast.
        Therefore, she did not even consider building one.
        Later, Carol