[genpcfr] Pres. William Nelson of Yorktown, VA.

  • Ozzie5586@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 1999
      Dear Betsy,

      I am sorry that you were unable to find your Jonas Nelson connected to the
      above subject. However, I appreciate the information on your family group
      sheet of Pres. William Nelson. I am descended from the "signer" Thomas Nelson
      and am for ever searching for any bit of information on the children of Pres.
      William Nelson who, as you have indicated, was the father of the "signer."
      According to Dr. R.C.M. Page in his Page Family in Virginia, President
      William Nelson had six children. Number six was a daughter named Elizabeth
      who married Capt. Thompson, of the ship H.M.S. Ripon. She went back to
      England with her husband and lived there. I might add that there was no
      mention of her in Pres. William Nelson's will, which would have not been
      unusual.
      According to Bishop Meade, "President William Nelson had many daughters, but
      only one lived beyond the twelfth year."

      I have been searching for a Thomas Nelson III who was a son of Thomas Nelson,
      Jr. (second child and son of the "signer"). He was born in 1796 and married
      Kitturah Bragg in Halifax County, NC on May 2, 1816. Thomas and Kitturah had
      a son named James Madison Nelson who was born in 1822. Have you ever heard of
      any of these Nelsons in North Carolina?

      Thank you for your information already given.

      Sincerely,
      John Dandridge Nelson
      Hanover, VA.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr