Mercer

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2006
      Doris,
      Which Mercer's are working on? I am descended from Jacob Mercer.
      Evelyn
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2006
        Evelyn,

        My father was Charlie Haskel Mercer who came from Jones Co., NC. I have
        also researched Jacob Mercer family who I think came from Norfolk where my line
        came from.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
            My line starting with my grandfather:
            James Henry Mercer born in 1856 born in Jones Co., NC.
            George Franklin Mercer b. 1842, Jones Co
            James Hunter Mercer, b. 1806, Jones Co.
            William B. Mercer, b. 1785, Jones Co.
            Noah Mercer, b. 1740, Craven Co. died Jones Co
            Joseph Mercer, b. 1701 Norfolk VA

            They are connected to Christopher Mercer who was born 1612 in England, which
            I am trying to connect with my family. I think that the Mercer's in Jones
            Co. connected with those in Greene Co., but can't prove it.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
              If they are descended from Christopher then you are correct in that they are connected. I just don't see how at this point. I have never heard of them. Let me do a little looking around and get back with you.
              Evelyn

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
                http://www.geocities.com/wmercer.geo/home.html

                This is a very interesting site on Mercers, including sixteen generations of the descendants of Christopher Mercer. You might find your ancestors here.
                Evelyn Hendricks