Jonas Willliams House

  • Betty Cobb Batchelor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006
      The Jonas Williams Bible copyright 1849 date was located in 1948 at
      the home of Mrs. Lydia Bailey in Tarboro, NC according to the Old
      Dobbers posting. My cousin owns the Jonas Williams home, Greene
      County, NC. Jonas Williams is our great x4 grandfather and the
      homeplace has been in the family continually for eight generations.
      We are trying to located the current owners of the Jonas Williams
      Bible or anything else regarding Jonas Williams family would be
      appreciated.
      Lydia Edwards Bailey parents were William Henry Edwards(1864-1920)
      and Sara Lou Brand (1874-1901). Sara Lou is g.g.aunt.

      Jonas Williams (b unknown d abt 1771) birth date is unknown at the
      present time, but the earlies land record for a Jonas Williams
      predates the formation of Dobbs County.
      Jonas Williams is purchasing
      land, house and orchard from JOHN MATTHIAS with Virginia money.
      Nov 1746 – April 1750 Book 1
      Matthews, John to Jonas Williams 87
      Source:NC Grantor/Grantee Index of Johnson, Dobbs, Lenoir Counties,
      NC
      Old Dobbs County Transcribed by Martha Mewborn Marble 1377
      Independence Ave, SE
      Washington, D. C. 20003

      Betty