Forbes/Webb

  • jonefa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:44 AM
      Anyone have any info on this Arthur Forbes? The one who settled in Edgecombe bought land there in 1803 on what is currently known as Cole's Mill Road.

      Edgecombe Arthur Forbes born about 1774, so looking for a link beyond Edgecombe and Pitt. I have heard that he came from the Camden area?

      Bennett and Betsy Forbes Webb's (d/o Arthur and Beady Forbes) daughter, Addy married Kinniard Webb. Addy is very dark, but so is Kinniard. He just doesn't look as dark as Addy. And the picture I saw of him is lighter because the photo had faded on that side. Restoring the photo brought some of his color back, but he is still lighter than Addy. (If anyone wants a photo of them, email me and I'll send it to you. Would also appreciate other pictures of the people in this family.)

      Both Bennett and Kinniard are descended from John Webb, Jr. whose descendants have said that John Webb, Jr. taught them "the old Indian ways."
      I am currently talking and sharing with a John Webb, Jr. descendant who said "we always knew we were Indians."

      I have been working on some newly collected material for this family and would appreciate any additional details that might shed some light on this.

      Thanks,
      Faye Hays