Frank Harrington Susie Tripp

  • lisascarola
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hi,

      Does anyone have any info on a Frank Harrington, who married Susie May
      Tripp, d/o William Lawrence and Mary A Smith Tripp. I believe Frank was
      born around 1900. He and Susie Had 2 children Mary Magaline Tripp, and
      Dallas Lindberg Tripp. While the children were born Harringtons their
      names were changed after Frank killed a man and went to prison. Any
      info on the crime would be helpful also, I believe it involved a poker
      dispute. Not sure when it took place, maybe the late 1920s, early
      1930's.
      The daughter Mary M, died around age 12, but the son Dallas L, went on
      to marry Mevelyn Brown.
      Also Susie May Tripp went on to marry Walter Leon Williams.

      Any help might be useful to some folks I'm trying to help.

      Thanks,
      Lisa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
        Dear Lisa,
        I'll check my files. It's sad, isn't it when
        something like this splits the families apart? I can
        relate to this family because of a couple of tragedies
        that could have split apart several of my own
        families. I feel greatly blessed that these events in
        my families brought out the very best in each and
        every one of those involved. Instead of splitting,
        they ended up hugging and forgiving. To me as a child,
        these relatives in my eyes rose to sainthood. If
        possible, I loved them even more than I had before
        misfortune struck.
        This experience was key to the devotion, love, and
        loyalty I have for my family down to this very day.
        Family can make a difference, especially in the lives
        of the children.
        Later, Carol