RE: [genpcncfir] John Cannon, Son of Lewis Cannon.

    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 27, 2006
      Dear J.R.,
      Since I have many Cannon relatives and since both
      my Braxton and Worthington lines transmigrated, as we
      might say, to parts South from South Carolina all the
      way to Florida, it really helps me to know what
      happened when someone simply drops off the census.
      When I cannot find one of these relatives in any
      cemetery nor in any death record or land record, then
      I figure he moved. Some of these I learned about by
      chance when other kin who stayed in Pitt left them a
      legacy, and I just happened on the will. Others were
      mentioned in letters or personal records of kin left
      behind, and I was able to find them through these
      papers.
      I try to keep up with each of my migrating
      relatives because I never know when either I or
      someone else might have additional information that I
      can add to my files if only I keep them organized and
      current. Then, too, they can continue to serve as a
      ready resource for me and for others needing to fill
      in gaps in family history.
      Thanks so much for adding to my information, Carol

      === message truncated ===