Whiitley

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2006
      I think I promised someone on this list that I would get some Whitley information to them, but I can't find the letter concerning it. Just in case I did promise, here is the information. I have a small amount more if anyone needs it.
      Evelyn

      John Henry Whitley, son of John and Elizabeth. John Henry born 27 Jan. 1851, married Nancy Elizabeth Wheeler, b. 1 Oct. 1856. She was called Nanny. Her parents were William Henry Wheeler and Malvina Carraway. John Henry died 16 Oct. 1927 in Greene Co., N.C. Nanny died 22 May 1922 in Greene Co.
      Children:
      1.Francis Virginia b. 22 Aug. 1875, d.10 April 1921. m. (1) Jim Ellis, (2) George Holloman
      2.William Henry Whitley, b. 27 Oct. 1876, m. his cousin, Sarah Whitley
      3.Johnny Stephen, b. abt. 1882, m. Hattie Myrtle Dail
      4.Charlie F. Whitley, b. 26 Nov. 1879 d. 26 June, 1896

      Huldah Virginia Wheeler (called Jenny) was the daughter of William Henry Wheeler and Malvina Carraway. She was b. in 1854. Married before 1878 to Edward Whitley.
      Children:
      1. Ida, b. before 1878. M. John Bailey, son of Jessie and Rebecca
      2.Viney b. abt. 1880, m. John William Ellis
      3.William Lonnie Whitley, b. abt. 1888, m. Fannie Mercer
      4.Mary Whitley
      5. Edward Whitley, b. 1882