Where to get service records and pension records for War of 1812 Soldier?

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2006
      I want to start out by saying that this group is really a kind and
      sharing group-THANK YOU! I have another question that maybe someone
      can help me with.

      I have a GGG Grandfather who was in the War of 1812. I don't have
      very much info other than this:

      Perry Brewer
      Third Regiment
      Fifth Company
      Detached from the Martin Regiment

      also found on Ancestry.com:

      Name: Perry Brewer
      State: NC
      County: Martin County Regiment
      Township: Fifth Company
      Year: 1812
      Database: NC 1812-1814 Muster Rolls

      I think that Perry Brewer is the father to my proven James W Brewer.
      I am still looking for that proof and hoped that maybe there would be
      something in his service records to indicate something, anything!
      Grasping at straws, but you never can tell. Also, were the soldiers
      of 1812 granted any land grants, or pensions/widows pensions? Were
      would I find those items? I may need to go to the Nat'l archives, or
      even Martin County, any help would be appreciated.

      I have found Perry Brewer on the 1830 US Martin Co (Williamston)
      Census and the 1840 US Edgecombe County Dist #17 census.

      Thanks,
      Jennifer in Pitt County