[genpcfr] Wainwright Family

  • G. Howard Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 1999
      Pitt County Deed Book R, p. 408, 4-29-1808 - James Wainwright gave for love
      and affection a variety of personal items and livestock to grandsons Adin
      Wainwright, Alfred Wainwright, Kinchen Wainwright, and grandaughters Lovey
      Wainwright and Elizabeth Wainwright, children of William Wainwright.

      There are several deeds involving James Wainwright , the earliest is 1787.
      In 1809, James Wainwright Jr. deeded land.
      James Wainwright deeded land to son Daniel 2 March 1802.
      According to my calculation, James acquired 839 acres over time.
      Jacob Wainwright to Kinchen Wainwright 12 Oct. 1859.
      James Wainwright to John Wainwright - Book FF, P. 262.
      James Wainwright was living in Carteret County, NC in 1743.

      Wainwright is often spelled Vainwright, Vanerite. W in german has a V sound.
      If I didn't touch upon any of your interest, let me know. I know a good
      source but want give you her name without permission. She lives in Pitt
      County and has researched the Wainwrights.

      My great-grandmother, Mary Anne Elizabeth Smith married first William
      Wainwright, son of Kitchen Wainwright. He was killed in the Civil War. In
      1866, she married William Henry Moore, my great grandfather.

      I hate to type. So that all, except for specific questions.

      Howard
      G. Howard Phillips
      Hilliard, OH - SURNAMES: PHILLIPS, SKINNER, WARREN, MOORE, BEST, SMITH,
      WILSON, HIGGS, FLANAGAN, SUTTON, HARDY

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • AjusBjus@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 1999
        Thank you so much. I would love to know more. My Several greats was James
        Wainwright,his son James, his son Wiley. These are the Ga. ones. He moved to
        Camden Co.,Ga.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr
      • Alice L. Camp
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 1999
          I would love to share information with you. I descend from Kinchen
          WAINWRIGHT, father of Jacob WAINWRIGHT, brother to your William
          WAINWRIGHT. Please contact me.
          Thank you in advance.
          Alice L. Camp

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr/?start=1478