Fwd: [genpcncfir] Multiple Theophilus Dail

  • dmbohall29@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      Hi Marcia,

      Theophilus Dail, born 10 Sep 1852, died 9 June 1938, buried in Jackson
      Cemetery, married Margaret Vandiford, daughter of Noah Jackson Vandiford and

      Winifred Elks, His father is Matthew Dail and Dutry Slaughter. I have
      Matthew's
      parents were Paul Dail and Olive Manning.

      Theophiuls and Margaret had a son named Theophilus who married Bessie O.
      Byrd.

      My McLawhorn family descends from Warren McLawhorn and 1st wife Alice
      Baker,
      2nd wife Martha Meeks Manning.

      Doris

      In a message dated 6/5/2006 7:03:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      marcia_mclawhorn@... writes:

      Hi Doris,

      My research is on McLawhorn. My Myclawhon family
      descends from Aaron L. McLawhorn [1824-1904] husband
      of Priscilla Worthington [daughter of Robert A.
      Witherington and Sarah 'Sally' McGlawhorn].

      I had different parents for your Theophilus 'Offie'
      Dail [husband to Margaret Vandiford].

      Since I have six men named "Theophilus Dail" - [I sure
      hope some of them are duplicates], I must have
      confused him with one of the others. Can someone help?

      My six Theophilus Dail s are as follows -
      1&2) Your Theophilus 'Offie' Dail
      [10Sep1852-10Jun1938], wife Margaret Vandiford, with
      nine children, one named Theophilus 'Theo' Dail (b:Apr
      1892) married to Bessie [unknown].

      3&4) Theophilus 'Offie' Dail [1827-1905] parents
      unknown, his wife Nancy Davis and his son Theophilus
      'Offie' Dail [6Aug1864-26Mar1938] wife Julia F.
      Sermons [1858-1898]

      5&6) From 1850 Census, Theophilus Dail, age 75, mother
      Jane, age 91, & wife Elizabeth Meekins, age 64 [d:09
      Dec 1852] and son Theophilus 'Offie' Dail.

      Marcia