Re: [genpcncfir] Info on My mothers family

  • Sammy Pierce
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 4 3:54 AM
      William Edgar (1871-1953) was the brother of my great-grandmother, Virginia
      Catherine Worthington (Wetherington) (1870-1939) who married Levi Pierce
      (1869-1946). William married first Lula Dail (1875-1907) and had 6
      children; Annie, Raymond C., Hester, Heber, Jacqueline "Jacky" Ann, and
      Dixon Exum. He married second Maggie Smith (1892-1964) and three children;
      Sallie Bet, Velma, and Doris M.
      William Edgar and Kate were children of Robert "Robin" Wetherington and
      Jacky Ann Johnson. They were in the 1870 Pitt census:
      1870, Pitt Co., Contentnea Township, p. 42, 19 Aug 1870, Family #325:
      Wethington, Robt. 22 Farmer $500 $200
      Jack Ann 30
      Catherine 5/12
      Johnson, William 60 No Occupation
      Julia 40 At Home
      Anna 30 At Home
      By 1880 Robert had died or left Pitt County. Jacky Ann was head of the
      household and would later marry Wyatt Knox who was working her farm:
      1880, Pitt Co., Contentnea Township, Dwelling #55, Family #55:
      Wetherington, J. A. 42 Keeping House
      Caty 10 Dau
      Willie 8 Son
      William 75 Uncle Epilepsey
      July 63 Aunt Kidney
      April 61 Aunt Consumption
      Spivey, Cate 34 Teaching School
      Winnie 9 Dau
      Marrey 7 Dau
      Knox, Wiett 29 Working Farm
      Robert, b. abt 1848, was the son of Robert A, Witherington (Abt 1805-Abt
      1869) and Sarah "Sally" McGlohon (1810-Aft 1870). Jacky Ann was the
      daughter of Cannon Johnson (Abt 1803-Aft 1882) and Rebecca Adams.

      Sammy Pierce
      Hobe Sound, FL

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 4 7:21 PM
        >Is that the same William Edgar Worthington, who was married to Lula
        >Dail?
        >

        >--- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "lowboy1963" <tony.stokes@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> My mother's grandparents were William Edgar Worthington & Maggie Lee
        >> Worthington of Pitt County (Ayden NC) Both are buried in Ayden
        >> Cemetary and both died in 1952. Any family info would be very
        >helpful.
        >> Thank You.
        >>

        >Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/
        >
        >CHRONICLES VOL.II AVAILABLE!! Click here for description and ordering information:
        >
        >Click here to view CHRONICLE PHOTO, use SlideShow:
        >
        >RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm
        >
        >Treasure-Trove of PITT Co.NC Genealogical Resources: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/
        >
        >http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
        >
        >We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.
        >GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
        >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > Yes, Lula was William Edgar Worthington's first wife(September 17,1893)

      • lisascarola
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 4 8:22 PM
          What kind of info would you like I have info on both their parents
          lines.

          Lisa

          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, T and R Stokes <tony.stokes@...>

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 5 6:15 AM
            Dear Lowboy,
            Our Worthington line descends from Robert
            Worthington--variant spellings Witherington,
            Widderington--of Calvert County, Maryland. From there,
            our Worthingtons moved to Pitt County, North Carolina
            in the 1700's with descendants still living in Calvert
            County, Maryland--the Richmond Times-Dispatch helps me
            keep track with its Sunday Wedding Photos giving all
            the family particulars.
            From the Dail line, I descend from Matthew Dail. My
            great grandfather was Matthew D. Dail whose wife was
            Eleanor Frances Crawford. My grandmother Dosie Dail
            married first Elijah B. Braxton (cerca 1880-1936). My
            father was Elbert Lee Braxton (1913-1961), my mother
            Clyde Rae Worthington (1912-1974) daughter of Alfred
            ("Alp") Worthington and Jennie Secession McGowan.
            Tell us more about your Worthingtons and Dails if
            you have the information. Many of our members are
            related to one or the other of your families, some of
            us to both. Later, Carol

          • dmbohall29@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 5 8:45 AM
              Carol,

              I see that you descends from Matthew D. Dail. I descends from Theophilus
              (Offie) Dail who married Margaret Vandiford, they were my great-grandparents.
              Theophilus was a brother of Matthew. My grandparents were Alonzo Dail who
              married Mary Elizabeth (Lizzie) McLawhorn. I live in Midlothian, VA and would
              love to compare note with you.

              Doris Bohall

              In a message dated 6/5/2006 9:18:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              csinghworthington@... writes:

              Dear Lowboy,
              Our Worthington line descends from Robert
              Worthington--variant spellings Witherington,
              Widderington--of Calvert County, Maryland. From there,
              our Worthingtons moved to Pitt County, North Carolina
              in the 1700's with descendants still living in Calvert
              County, Maryland--the Richmond Times-Dispatch helps me
              keep track with its Sunday Wedding Photos giving all
              the family particulars.
              From the Dail line, I descend from Matthew Dail. My

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 5 11:48 AM
                Who was Anna Vandiford, who lived in Greene County? I think she was
                handicapped, not sure. In 1860, I believe, she was living with James Baker
                and his wife Priscilla in Greene County. It listed her as a servant. I am
                curious about her, though.

                Paula Anne Baker
                paulabaker69@...
                Greene County NC

                "We are not free, separate, and independent entities, but like links in a
                chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went
                before us and showed us the way."

                Thomas Mann
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 5 12:08 PM
                  Dear Paula,
                  I do not yet know. The Vandiford family information
                  I have comes from the website of Sue Dail Pittman, who
                  like you has so generously shared her knowledge with
                  us.
                  I do know that many of my own McGowan family listed
                  their children as "servant" in census records.
                  If these McGowans were like Mama, they did it with
                  humorous intent and a grain of wisdom, the gentle
                  reminder of our "dust"[y] origins to teach us the
                  virtue of humility.
                  It seemed to me, though, that in my own case, Mama
                  was undeniably generous with her doses of humility. I
                  don't say this in condemnation. Instead, she seemed to
                  feel most strongly that her eldest was the most
                  influential role model for her younger ones. That
                  conviction made her a zealous teacher. Later, Carol

                  > Who was Anna Vandiford, who lived in Greene County?
                  > I think she was
                  > handicapped, not sure. In 1860, I believe, she was
                  > living with James Baker
                  > and his wife Priscilla in Greene County. It listed
                  > her as a servant. I am
                  > curious about her, though.
                  >

                  > Paula Anne Baker
                  > paulabaker69@...
                  > Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS
                  > in Pitt County NC and
                  > Greene County NC
                  > and COLE, NORMAN, WHITE, SUTTON AND OTHERS in SC,
                  > GA, and LA
                  >
                  > "We are not free, separate, and independent
                  > entities, but like links in a
                  > chain, and we could not by any means be what we are
                  > without those who went
                  > before us and showed us the way."
                  >
                  > Thomas Mann

                • Marcia McLawhorn
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 5 3:47 PM
                    Hi Doris,

                    My research is on McLawhorn. My Myclawhon family
                    descends from Aaron L. McLawhorn [1824-1904] husband
                    of Priscilla Worthington [daughter of Robert A.
                    Witherington and Sarah 'Sally' McGlawhorn].

                    I had different parents for your Theophilus 'Offie'
                    Dail [husband to Margaret Vandiford].

                    Since I have six men named "Theophilus Dail" - [I sure
                    hope some of them are duplicates], I must have
                    confused him with one of the others. Can someone help?

                    My six Theophilus Dail s are as follows -
                    1&2) Your Theophilus 'Offie' Dail
                    [10Sep1852-10Jun1938], wife Margaret Vandiford, with
                    nine children, one named Theophilus 'Theo' Dail (b:Apr
                    1892) married to Bessie [unknown].

                    3&4) Theophilus 'Offie' Dail [1827-1905] parents
                    unknown, his wife Nancy Davis and his son Theophilus
                    'Offie' Dail [6Aug1864-26Mar1938] wife Julia F.
                    Sermons [1858-1898]

                    5&6) From 1850 Census, Theophilus Dail, age 75, mother
                    Jane, age 91, & wife Elizabeth Meekins, age 64 [d:09
                    Dec 1852] and son Theophilus 'Offie' Dail.

                    Marcia

                  • dmbohall29@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 5 4:43 PM
                      Hi Marcia,

                      Theophilus Dail, born 10 Sep 1852, died 9 June 1938, buried in Jackson
                      Cemetery, married Margaret Vandiford, daughter of Noah Jackson Vandiford and
                      Winifred Elks, His father is Matthew Dail and Dutry Slaughter. I have Matthew's
                      parents were Paul Dail and Olive Manning.

                      Theophiuls and Margaret had a son named Theophilus who married Bessie O.
                      Byrd.

                      My McLawhorn family descends from Warren McLawhorn and 1st wife Alice Baker,
                      2nd wife Martha Meeks Manning.

                      Doris

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 5 7:42 PM
                        Doris,
                        Thank you for the help.

                        My research has not connected your McLawhorn family
                        with mine. You go back to Adam & Elizabeth McGlohon
                        [b: abt 1746] and mine goes back to Jeremiah
                        McGlauhon, who died bef Apr 1759 in Loosing Swamp
                        (Bertie), NC area.

                        Warren J. McGlawhon [01 Dec 1813 - 08 Jun 1899]
                        I have three wives:
                        Mary - no children
                        Alice 'Allie' Baker - 11 children
                        Martha Alice L. Meeks [1827 - 10 Aug 1894] - 2 sons
                        a son of Waverly Corbett 'Stray' McLawhorn lives
                        here in Chicagoland area.

                      • dmbohall29@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 6 8:44 AM
                          Marcia,

                          I did not know that Warren J. McGlawhorn had three wives, I only have Alice
                          and Martha I will have to go back and check this out.

                          I know that Waverly Corbertt McLawhorn's son Sherman lived in Chicago but I
                          though that he had died in Jul 1987. I went to school with Sherman and his
                          brother Lester.

                          Doris

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 6 8:48 AM
                            Dear Marcia,
                            If I am not mistaken, the parents of my Theophilus
                            Dail are Noah Vandiford and Winifred Elks. Like you
                            and like the rest of us related to one or the other of
                            the Theophilus Dails, the lineage has been a difficult
                            row to hoe. Family research really makes a person
                            think more seriously about naming his children for
                            someone else, doesn't it?
                            Looking at the male name Howard in my immediate
                            family, many might wonder about the parentage of my
                            brother, my nephew, and my son.
                            Why did Mama name a son Howard? She named him for
                            her beloved older brother of course. But this brother
                            was a young man at the time my brother was born. What
                            if he had married and named his own son for himself?
                            Wouldn't that have been confusing?
                            Yes it would have been. However, our uncle never
                            married. End of that complication.
                            Then my own brother named a son Timothy Howard. One
                            might assume that my brother chose Howard because he
                            was Howard. The person would be mistaken. Timothy was
                            named in honor of our uncle.
                            My son Morgan Howard was also named in honor of
                            our uncle, not for my brother.
                            Still, I meant no slight of my brother, for truth
                            to tell, if I still have a hero on this earth, it is
                            this brother.
                            Nor did I mean to slight my son's dad. "Howard"
                            just happened to be the name of his beloved
                            grandfather, so the name delighted both my husband's
                            family and my own.
                            So much for names. Later, Carol

                            --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Hi Doris,
                            >
                            > My research is on McLawhorn. My Myclawhon family
                            > descends from Aaron L. McLawhorn [1824-1904] husband
                            > of Priscilla Worthington [daughter of Robert A.
                            > Witherington and Sarah 'Sally' McGlawhorn].
                            >
                            > I had different parents for your Theophilus 'Offie'
                            > Dail [husband to Margaret Vandiford].
                            >
                            > Since I have six men named "Theophilus Dail" - [I
                            > sure
                            > hope some of them are duplicates], I must have
                            > confused him with one of the others. Can someone
                            > help?
                            >
                            > My six Theophilus Dail s are as follows -
                            > 1&2) Your Theophilus 'Offie' Dail
                            > [10Sep1852-10Jun1938], wife Margaret Vandiford, with
                            > nine children, one named Theophilus 'Theo' Dail
                            > (b:Apr
                            > 1892) married to Bessie [unknown].
                            >
                            > 3&4) Theophilus 'Offie' Dail [1827-1905] parents
                            > unknown, his wife Nancy Davis and his son Theophilus
                            > 'Offie' Dail [6Aug1864-26Mar1938] wife Julia F.
                            > Sermons [1858-1898]
                            >
                            > 5&6) From 1850 Census, Theophilus Dail, age 75,
                            > mother
                            > Jane, age 91, & wife Elizabeth Meekins, age 64 [d:09
                            > Dec 1852] and son Theophilus 'Offie' Dail.
                            >
                            > Marcia
                            >
                            > --- dmbohall29@... wrote:
                            > > Carol,
                            > > I see that you descends from Matthew D. Dail. I
                            > > descend from Theophilus (Offie) Dail who married
                            > > Margaret Vandiford, my great-grandparents.
                            > > Theophilus was a brother of Matthew.
                            > > My grandparents were Alonzo Dail who married Mary
                            > > Elizabeth (Lizzie) McLawhorn.
                            > > I live in Midlothian, VA and would love to compare
                            >
                            > > notes with you.
                            > > Doris Bohall

                            > protection around
                            > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • Marcia McLawhorn
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 6 9:33 AM
                              No - I mistyped.

                              Sherman Waverly 'Waverly' McLawhorn, born in NC,
                              worked for the railroad. He married and lived the rest
                              of his life in Chicago. He died 8 Jul 1987.

                              His son, Sherman Waverly McLawhorn, born in Chicago,
                              owns a computer store. He is married with a new family
                              consisting of two [when I last spoke to him] preschool
                              age children.

                              Marcia

                            • dmbohall29@aol.com

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 6 3:52 PM
                                  Just to add to the confusion. I believe the first Theophilus Dail in North Carolina - my direct ancestor - was the brother of my other ggggrandfather, James Dail. They are both my 3rd greats and their children are listed as cousins in the bibles. Yes - I am descended on my grandfather's side by 2 Dail brothers - One, Theo, was the g. grandfather of my grandfather's mother, Minnie Eliza Williams and the other, James Dail was the g.grandfather of my grandfather's father, Elbert Melton Dail. Both James and Theophilus were born in the late 1790's in Dobbs/Greene county. I am too busy to get really involved at this time - and - I have NO WRITTEN PROOF other than family history given in 1949 when my aunt (age 95)was doing paperwork for the DAR.
                                  Have fun!

                                  wrote:

                                  > Hi Doris,
                                  >
                                  > My research is on McLawhorn. My Myclawhon family
                                  > descends from Aaron L. McLawhorn [1824-1904] husband
                                  > of Priscilla Worthington [daughter of Robert A.
                                  > Witherington and Sarah 'Sally' McGlawhorn].
                                  >
                                  > I had different parents for your Theophilus 'Offie'
                                  > Dail [husband to Margaret Vandiford].
                                  >
                                  > Since I have six men named "Theophilus Dail" - [I
                                  > sure
                                  > hope some of them are duplicates], I must have
                                  > confused him with one of the others. Can someone
                                  > help?
                                  >
                                  > My six Theophilus Dail s are as follows -
                                  > 1&2) Your Theophilus 'Offie' Dail
                                  > [10Sep1852-10Jun1938], wife Margaret Vandiford, with
                                  > nine children, one named Theophilus 'Theo' Dail
                                  > (b:Apr
                                  > 1892) married to Bessie [unknown].
                                  >
                                  > 3&4) Theophilus 'Offie' Dail [1827-1905] parents
                                  > unknown, his wife Nancy Davis and his son Theophilus
                                  > 'Offie' Dail [6Aug1864-26Mar1938] wife Julia F.
                                  > Sermons [1858-1898]
                                  >
                                  > 5&6) From 1850 Census, Theophilus Dail, age 75,
                                  > mother
                                  > Jane, age 91, & wife Elizabeth Meekins, age 64 [d:09
                                  > Dec 1852] and son Theophilus 'Offie' Dail.
                                  >
                                  > Marcia
                                  >
                                  > --- dmbohall29@... wrote:
                                  > > Carol,
                                  > > I see that you descends from Matthew D. Dail. I
                                  > > descend from Theophilus (Offie) Dail who married
                                  > > Margaret Vandiford, my great-grandparents.
                                  > > Theophilus was a brother of Matthew.
                                  > > My grandparents were Alonzo Dail who married Mary
                                  > > Elizabeth (Lizzie) McLawhorn.
                                  > > I live in Midlothian, VA and would love to compare
                                  >
                                  > > notes with you.
                                  > > Doris Bohall

                                  Linda Dail - Researching: ALLEN, ALEXANDER, BERRY, DAIL,DEAL, EXUM, FORREST, HASELDEN,HUNNINGS, McCOTTER, SANDERS, SPEIGHT,TURNAGE, WILLIAMS

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 6 4:47 PM
                                    Dear Linda,
                                    Thank you for taking the time to reply. You have
                                    subtracted from the confusion! We have identical
                                    situations in our two families--only the surnames are
                                    different.
                                    I was not clear on our ancestor Elbert Melton Dail,
                                    and you have clarified that for me. My grandmother
                                    Braxton, daddy's mother, married Braxton brothers.
                                    After her first husband Elijah B. Braxton died, she
                                    married his younger brother Elias "Goude" Braxton.
                                    From childhood, I had know that Elbert, my father's
                                    name, had come from his mother's Dail line. Do you
                                    know for whom Elbert Melton Dail was named?
                                    When I was growing up, Mama got perturbed when one of
                                    daddy's relatives also named Elbert Braxton got our
                                    mail and we got his.
                                    I also found it interesting going through the
                                    generations of the Braxton family to find that one was
                                    Howard W. Braxton. My younger brother has the same
                                    first name and middle initial. However, I admit that I
                                    do not know what was the middle name of the other
                                    Howard W. Braxton.
                                    Our brother's "W." stands for Mama's maiden name.
                                    Both my brothers have as their middle names a surname
                                    of Mama's: Worthington and McGowan. We girls did not.
                                    Later, Carol

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 6 4:53 PM
                                      Correction: "I had known." There's something evil in
                                      this keyboard today. Maybe the Times-Dispatch article
                                      on 666 and numerology has something to it after all.
                                      Oops! Carol

                                      === message truncated ===

                                    • lowboy1963
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 9 7:07 PM
                                        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Sammy Pierce" <samurai369@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > William Edgar (1871-1953) was the brother of my great-grandmother,
                                        Virginia
                                        > Catherine Worthington (Wetherington) (1870-1939) who married Levi
                                        Pierce
                                        > (1869-1946). William married first Lula Dail (1875-1907) and had
                                        6
                                        > children; Annie, Raymond C., Hester, Heber, Jacqueline "Jacky"
                                        Ann, and
                                        > Dixon Exum. He married second Maggie Smith (1892-1964) and three
                                        children;
                                        > Sallie Bet, Velma, and Doris M.
                                        > William Edgar and Kate were children of Robert "Robin"
                                        Wetherington and
                                        > Jacky Ann Johnson. They were in the 1870 Pitt census:
                                        > 1870, Pitt Co., Contentnea Township, p. 42, 19 Aug 1870, Family
                                        #325:
                                        > Wethington, Robt. 22 Farmer $500 $200
                                        > Jack Ann 30
                                        > Catherine 5/12
                                        > Johnson, William 60 No Occupation
                                        > Julia 40 At Home
                                        > Anna 30 At Home
                                        > By 1880 Robert had died or left Pitt County. Jacky Ann was head
                                        of the
                                        > household and would later marry Wyatt Knox who was working her
                                        farm:
                                        > 1880, Pitt Co., Contentnea Township, Dwelling #55, Family #55:
                                        > Wetherington, J. A. 42 Keeping House
                                        > Caty 10 Dau
                                        > Willie 8 Son
                                        > William 75 Uncle Epilepsey
                                        > July 63 Aunt Kidney
                                        > April 61 Aunt Consumption
                                        > Spivey, Cate 34 Teaching School
                                        > Winnie 9 Dau
                                        > Marrey 7 Dau
                                        > Knox, Wiett 29 Working Farm
                                        > Robert, b. abt 1848, was the son of Robert A, Witherington (Abt
                                        1805-Abt
                                        > 1869) and Sarah "Sally" McGlohon (1810-Aft 1870). Jacky Ann was
                                        the
                                        > daughter of Cannon Johnson (Abt 1803-Aft 1882) and Rebecca Adams.
                                        >
                                        > Sammy Pierce
                                        > Hobe Sound, FL

                                        Smith His name was Benjamin Edgar Worthington(Big Buddy)He died
                                        1975? He lived in Ayden NC across the street from Holton Dail's old
                                        store on Lee Street.

                                      • lowboy1963
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 9 7:13 PM
                                          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "lisascarola" <feonadorf@...> wrote:

                                          > Is that the same William Edgar Worthington, who was married to Lula
                                          > Dail?
                                          >

                                          > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "lowboy1963" <tony.stokes@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > My mother's grandparents were William Edgar Worthington & Maggie
                                          Lee
                                          > > Worthington of Pitt County (Ayden NC) Both are buried in Ayden
                                          > > Cemetary and both died in 1952. Any family info would be very
                                          > helpful.
                                          > > Thank You.
                                          > >Yes this is the same William Edgar Worthington, his first wife was
                                          Lula Dail, My GGgrandmother was his second wife(Maggie Smith) their
                                          children were Sallie Bet, Velma, Doris Mae(my grandmother),Benjamin
                                          Edgar.

                                        • Linda Dail
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 14 12:26 PM
                                            Elbert Melton Dail was the son of Elbert Dail (son of James). I have not found any other names (1st or middle) for Elbert Dail father of Elbert Melton Dail. Elbert Dail married Mary Turnage. Elbert Melton Dail married Minnie Eliza Williams.
                                            Linda

> [...]

                                            > > > (b:Apr
                                            > > > 1892) married to Bessie [unknown].
                                            > > >
                                            > > > 3&4) Theophilus 'Offie' Dail [1827-1905] parents
                                            > > > unknown, his wife Nancy Davis and his son
                                            > > Theophilus
                                            > > > 'Offie' Dail [6Aug1864-26Mar1938] wife Julia F.
                                            > > > Sermons [1858-1898]
                                            > > >
                                            > > > 5&6) From 1850 Census, Theophilus Dail, age 75,
                                            > > > mother
                                            > > > Jane, age 91, & wife Elizabeth Meekins, age 64
                                            > > [d:09
                                            > > > Dec 1852] and son Theophilus 'Offie' Dail.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Marcia

                                            > married

                                            > > Mary
                                            > > compare

                                            > > protection around
                                            > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                                            > >

                                            > > Linda Dail - Researching: ALLEN, ALEXANDER, BERRY,
                                            > > DAIL,DEAL, EXUM, FORREST, HASELDEN,HUNNINGS,
                                            > > McCOTTER, SANDERS, SPEIGHT,TURNAGE, WILLIAMS

                                            === message truncated ===

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 7, 2006
                                              Dear Sammy,
                                              Robert Worthington may have been the brother of my
                                              great, great, great grandfather.
                                              My cousins Trish Worthington Cobb and Lisa Scarola
                                              can probably help you out. Lisa has a website
                                              accessible from http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr This
                                              web address is the web of the Pitt County Family
                                              Researchers. Lisa's web is listed on the Resources
                                              page with websites and other links.
                                              Later, Carol

                                              Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                                              Access over 1 million songs.