[genpcfr] Recent Tyson Meeting

  • JBarton851@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 6:35 AM
      Greetings to PCFR:

      The Tyson Genealogy Network recently held its 1999 annual meeting In
      Greenville, North Carolina. We came from various states, including
      California, Texas, Georgia, and South Carolina. The meeting itself was on
      Saturday, 24 April, with the two days prior used by some of us for research.
      Two of our members are also members of PCFR and served as resources
      authorities for our Tyson and related lines in Pitt County. They were Roger
      Kammerer and Bill Kittrell. In the morning of 22 April, Roger assisted us in
      the Manuscript Collection of ECU to locate additional family details. Then
      on Friday 23 April, Bill Kitterll led us as we surveyed several of the Tyson
      burial sites. Bill also provided us a draft copy of the Tysons part of a
      cemetery book development that he is involved with. On Thursday afternoon,
      we researched in the PCFR Collection at the Library of the Pitt County
      Community College. In your collection we were able to excerpt from a number
      of additional sources, and we are most appreciative of the opportunity to
      look at what you have collected.

      To Roger Kammerer and to Bill Kittrell, we want to again extend a
      special thanks to each of you for adding so much depth and meaning to this
      get-together. You all made this a very special meeting, and we thank you
      very much.

      Jerry Tyson Barton
      Tyson Genealogy Network
      Georgetown, Texas