  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2006
      I have been trying to enter all of the people in my cemeteries into the proper place in my genealogy program. The following people are buried in the Everett Cemetery located between Stantonsburg and Saratoga, 4/10 mile from NC 222 on road to NC 91 (old 91).
      Is there anyone out there who can help me identify these people? I feel that down the line somewhere they are all related, based on other things I know. I am not basing that strictly on the fact that they are all buried in the same cemetery. When I first started this I thought that it was just a place where anyone who wanted to could use it for burial, but now I think they are all related in some way.
      Any help would be appreciated.

      Rodgers, R. A., born Dec. 8, 1850; died June 6, 1929

      Rodgers, Mary T., wife of R. A. Rodgers, born 1853; died May 28, 1916

      Marvin R., son of R. A. & Mary T. Rodgers, born 1889; died 1891

      George C. Rodgers, born 1880; died 1882

      Jack Ann, wife of R. A. Rodgers, born Mar. 14, 1853; died July (?) 1882

      Infant son of Lee & Banner Webb Amerson, Feb. 3, 1911

      Banner Webb Amerson, wife of Lee Amerson, Jan. 14, 1880, Feb. 15, 1911

      Amanda Owens, 1857-1925

      Lee Amerson, Oct. 8, 1877, July 8, 1944

      Undertaker marker

      Ada Amerson, 1898-1973

      James Barfield, Dec. 15, 1876' Jan. 21, 1914

      Infant son of James & Susan Barfield, July 11, 1906

      Mary J., wife of Calvin Rodgers, born 1820, died Apr. 18,1886

      G. G. Page, Sept. 15, 1885;Jan. 24, 1928

      Thomas Page, born May 20, 1857' died July 7, 1952

      Martha Ann, wife of Thomas Page, born Jan. 6, 1855, died Feb. 19, 1913

      George Duke, Feb. 12, 1890; Jan. 11, 1939

      Nora A. Duke, Dec. 15, 1894; Oct. 7, 1936

      Infant daughter of Geo. & Nora Duke, Mar. 13, 1922

      Infant son of Geo. & Nora Duke, Apr. 22, 1921

      Luther G., son of Geo. & Nora Duke, Oct. 20, 1918; May 21, 1920

      Wealthy, wife of Jess turner, born Sept. 25, 1886; died Dec. 11, 1909

      Drucilla Perkins, Nov. 18, 1847; Apr. 19, 1931

      Nannie E. Thigpen, Sept. 16, 1899; June 25, 1900

      Joseph Henry Thigpen, Nov. 10, 1906; Aug. 1, 1908

      Appie Mercer, June 16, 1897; Nov. 5, 1898

      Alexander, son of W. H. Sookey (Sockey) Carter, June 24, 1902, Oct. 5, 1902

      Mary dau. Of W. H. & Sookey Carter, Jan. 28, 1896; Feb. 19, 1897

      Sudie P., dau. Of Will & Blance Taylor, born Sept. 9, 1915; died Jan. 18, 1916

      Mary B., dau. Of Will & Blanche Taylor, born Oct. 15, 1918; died Oct. 16, 1918

      Minnie Blanch, wife of Will Taylor, born Jan. 13, 1893; died Oct. 17, 1918

      B. J., son of W. & S. Taylor, Jan. 10, 1925; Oct. 6, 1926

      Willie D., son of W. & S. Taylor, Feb. 10, 1930; Oct. 6, 1930

      Adell Taylor, wife of Henry C. Howell, March 1, 1912; Jan. 23, 1938

      Henry C. Howell, Apr. 2, 1899; Aug. 2, 1942

      Infant son of Harvey & Celia Mercer, Dec. 2, 1933; Dec. 10, 1933

      Viella T. Webb, Aug. 17, 1891; Ooct. 23, 1959

      Willie Webb, May 3, 1880' Sept. 17, 1943

      Betty McLean, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton; Apr. 17, 1933; Apr. 15, 1934

      Hattie Ruth, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton, Feb. 4, 1938; Feb. 12, 1938

      Luther Mercer' 1900-1971

      James Everett Amerson, son of Luby & Madeline Amerson, Oct. 27, 1928; May 28, 1929

      Lonnie Bailey, Feb. 3, 1937; Oct. 5, 1943

      Douglas Lee Bailey; Mar. 28, 1931; Mar. 27, 1934

      Evelyn Hendricks

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7 2:36 PM
        Dear Evelyn,
        I will remind myself to check into these people for
        you. My great uncle George Asa McGowan married Laura
        Rogers, whose name may have been spelled either Rogers
        or Rodgers.
        I will see if I can trace her and if she is related
        to these families.
        Later, Carol

        --- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > B. J., son of W. & S. Taylor, Jan. 10, 1925; Oct. 6,
        > 1926
        >
        > Willie D., son of W. & S. Taylor, Feb. 10, 1930;
        > Oct. 6, 1930
        >
        > Adell Taylor, wife of Henry C. Howell, March 1,
        > 1912; Jan. 23, 1938
        >
        > Henry C. Howell, Apr. 2, 1899; Aug. 2, 1942
        >
        > Infant son of Harvey & Celia Mercer, Dec. 2, 1933;
        > Dec. 10, 1933
        >
        > Viella T. Webb, Aug. 17, 1891; Ooct. 23, 1959
        >
        > Willie Webb, May 3, 1880' Sept. 17, 1943
        >
        > Betty McLean, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton; Apr.
        > 17, 1933; Apr. 15, 1934
        >
        > Hattie Ruth, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton, Feb.
        > 4, 1938; Feb. 12, 1938
        >
        > Luther Mercer' 1900-1971
        >
        > James Everett Amerson, son of Luby & Madeline
        > Amerson, Oct. 27, 1928; May 28, 1929
        >
        > Lonnie Bailey, Feb. 3, 1937; Oct. 5, 1943
        >
        > Douglas Lee Bailey; Mar. 28, 1931; Mar. 27, 1934

        Sponsored Link

        Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9 7:58 AM
          Thank you for the kind offer, I am not doing much right now with genealogy
          since it is rather difficult to type with one arm in a cast. Yesterday I
          returned from a twelve day visit to our local hospital, ten of which were in
          the intensive care unit.(not related to the arm, which was incurred in a
          fall.,) I feel more than ever the urgency to get everything in order, I even
          suggested to my son that he contact the list before disposing of my papers.
          I was sure someone would be able to make suggestions for him. Imagine my
          surprise and delight when he, who has never shown much interest, said he
          thought he would like to continue it. So then I told him that any of you
          good people would be glad to help him in any way, I hope you don’t mind me
          offering your services. Everyone has always been very helpful.

          We have been very interested in following the health pattern in the family.
          I think we have it pinned down to the Mercer side, or maybe the
          Mercer-Bailey combination.

          So until it is a little easier to type I will just monitor for a while.

          Evelyn

          _____

          --- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@... <mailto:rebh%40ec.rr.com> > wrote:

> [...]
          > Oct. 6, 1930
          >
          > Adell Taylor, wife of Henry C. Howell, March 1,
          > 1912; Jan. 23, 1938
          >
          > Henry C. Howell, Apr. 2, 1899; Aug. 2, 1942
          >
          > Infant son of Harvey & Celia Mercer, Dec. 2, 1933;
          > Dec. 10, 1933
          >
          > Viella T. Webb, Aug. 17, 1891; Ooct. 23, 1959
          >
          > Willie Webb, May 3, 1880' Sept. 17, 1943
          >
          > Betty McLean, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton; Apr.
          > 17, 1933; Apr. 15, 1934
          >
          > Hattie Ruth, daughter of Paul & Hattie Denton, Feb.
          > 4, 1938; Feb. 12, 1938
          >
          > Luther Mercer' 1900-1971
          >
          > James Everett Amerson, son of Luby & Madeline
          > Amerson, Oct. 27, 1928; May 28, 1929
          >
          > Lonnie Bailey, Feb. 3, 1937; Oct. 5, 1943
          >
          > Douglas Lee Bailey; Mar. 28, 1931; Mar. 27, 1934
          >

          > Evelyn Hendricks

          Sponsored Link

          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
          Sign up now. http://www.vonage <http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/>
          com/startsavingnow/

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9 10:53 AM
            Dear Evelyn,
            Good for your son! Some of us, perhaps many of us,
            are latecomers to family history. If the demands on
            our time do not prevent our pursuits, then our
            preoccupation with figuring out who we are and what
            hand we have been dealt in the game of life do the job
            quite effectively.
            Additionally, I always trusted that there was
            tomorrow when today tripped me up. Then,as a footnote,
            I told myself that should tomorrow never come, then I
            would have my answers all too soon.
            Mama's ill health forced me at an early age to
            become caretaker of my younger siblings. I had no time
            to think of myself and of the future because of the
            very pressing present. The past--well, it wasn't
            helping us much back then, and I couldn't very well
            rewrite it, even if I had wanted to, could I? So, I
            just let it slide, figuring that the records were
            there and would always be there waiting for me when
            life gave me a breather.
            I am happy, and I see that you are too, for your
            son's interest at whatever age it has blossomed. If in
            any way, I can help him with his questions or
            research, I will certainly step forward, and I feel
            sure that our other group members will do the same.
            I am sorry to hear of your illness but glad that
            you have returned home. I think often of you and your
            generosity in helping me on more occasions than I can
            count. It will be a pleasure for me to be able to
            return the favor in furthering your researches on your
            own family.
            A speedy and full recovery to you. Thinking often
            of you, Carol

            === message truncated ===

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com