Re: [genpcncfir] Wisteria -another spring exotic

  • Faye Silliman
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4 2:14 PM
      You have such a gift with words. You should write
      this all down and publish. Seriously.

      === message truncated ===

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 4 5:57 PM
        Dear Faye,
        Thank you for your beautiful and kind compliment.
        You have made this spring day joyful. Carol

        === message truncated ===

      • Rhet Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5 4:14 PM
          I second that. Rhet Wilkinson
> [...]

          > > I love Sweet Betsy.
          > >
          > > Now I know why my mom disliked gardenias so. Her
          > > mom
          > > died when she was young and that was her memory of
          > > her. She hated the smell.
          > >
          > > --- Rhet Wilkinson <rhet@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Isn't it interesting how different people have
          > > > different recollections of events and thoughts
          > > about
          > > > flowers etc. When I was growing up my step
          > father
          > > > always gave me a carnation corsage for Easter.
          > My
          > > > mother said that carnations were appropriate for
          > > > young ladies. When I got marreid she thought I
          > > > should carry a bouquet of white roses, but I
          > > > insisted that carnations were my favorite so
          > that
          > > is
          > > > what I carried. I still love them. Different

          === message truncated ===

          North carolina Genealogy research

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 5 5:55 PM
            Dear Rhet,
            Thanks. You are so very kind. I promise to organize
            my writings and put out some feelers to find a
            publisher. My primary purpose in writing is to share
            what information I have and to preserve our family
            heritage. If even occasionally I can hit a high note
            and encourage others to tell their stories, then who
            can hope for more? Later, Carol

> [...]
            > > that Mama brought with her wherever she went. I
            > > wanted
            > > people to know and to remember her beautiful
            > > presence
            > > and her incredible faith, and I hoped that
            > nobody
            > > would look back upon Mama's funeral with a heavy
            > > heart.
            > > When I think of the hymns played at her
            > funeral,
            > > feel Mama's presence rather than her absence.
            > That's
            > > how I believe that she would have wanted it to
            > be.
            > > Later, Carol
            > >

            > > --- Faye Silliman <eyafydal@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I love Sweet Betsy.
            > > >
            > > > Now I know why my mom disliked gardenias so.
            > Her
            > > > mom
            > > > died when she was young and that was her

            === message truncated ===

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 6 6:29 PM
              Story-tellers keep our history alive. Thank you.