Re: [genpcncfir] Wiley Gray Webb

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2006
      On page 356C of the 1880 Census for Saratoga, Wilson,
      NC, is a Wiley Gray Webb, which may be yours.

      Wiley WEBB Self M Male W 21 NC Laborer
      Sallie WEBB Wife M Female W 23 NC Keeps House
      Magnolia WEBB Dau S Female W 1 NC

      Marcia

      --- eahsr1667@... wrote:

      This Lavinia Gardner Webb was buried on the corner
      of Saratoga Road and Drake Farm Road, cemetery set
      back off the road. Lavinia's headstone shows her
      birth as October 27, 1867 and her death as March 7,
      1938.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2006
        Did any of your Feltons marry a James Baker from Greene County?

        Paula Anne Baker
        paulabaker69@...
        Greene County NC

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6, 2006
          Jim,
          Which line of Bass's are you searching?
          I have a bunch. Give me some names, etc.
          Linda Bottoms Bass
          Elm City, NC

        • jchocko@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 7, 2006
            Hi Linda,

            Thanks for the response as the Bass line that I'm researching is rather short
            right now and the Bass lines in the Black Creek area do not seem to merge.

            My wife is Connie Elaine Bass ( Chocklett) of Wilson, N.C. b. 1950
            Her father was Tommie Leonard Bass ( aka: Thomas Leonard or Tommie )
            b. Wilson County ( Crossroads - Lucama ) 1915 d. 1961, m. Lela Parrish 1935

            His father was Manie J. Bass b. 1882 ( Northamption Co. N.C.) but some
            sources list his birthplace as Wilson Co. d. 1930. He married Willie T.
            Thompson
            of Wilson ( father was George W. Thompson ) in 1906

            Manie's father was Virgus ( sometimes spelled Vergus ) Bass, no b. or d.
            info,
            from Northamption Co. his wife was Frances.

            I do have a number of their children listed, let me know if that is of any
            help.
            Thanks for your assistance.

            Jim Chocklett
            Fike H.S. Class of 1967
            ACC Class of 1971

          • Lou-BB
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
              Jim,
              I've looked high and low and came up empty handed on your Bass line.
              Sorry...Thought I might've have a little something-somewhere.....
              LBB