LOCKAMY

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      John Lockamy b. 1880 d. 1916
      Anlizer Lockamy b. 1881 d. 1911
      Queenie M. Lockamy, d/o J. & Annie Lockamy b. Sept 9, 1905 d. Sept 29, 1905
      Daniel Lockamy b. Feb 2, 1888 d. Dec 6, 1935

      Buried in Carroll-Dixon Cemetery on NC 43 South.

      I don't know if this is your John.
      Bill

    • cherylannjones@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
        I can't stand it - that's my John!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I was told he was buried on the homestead that has since been turned into a shopping mall - with a tiny fence around his and his wifes grave - but since grandma's gone - no one knew where to begin to look.
        Any way to get pictures of these stones?
        Also -any clues on where he is on the 1900 census?
        Cheryl

      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
          Cheryl, if I can get someone to take me I will get pictures of the stones.
          They were under some trees and it was dark. As you know I don't drive and
          have to depend on others. Might take a few days. Send me your address.

          Sorry, can't help on the census.

          How about J. W. Lockamy b. Aug 6, 1858 d. Nov 16, 1910
          Is he any of your family. He is buried north of the Tar River.