1900 Census - Pitt County

  • cherylannjones@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hey guys - I need HELP!
      My LOCKAMY line seems to be what my husband affectionately calls my "blinking family". The reason - I can locate them on the 1800 - but not on the 1900. I can locate them on the 1910 but not on the 1920 - and then they are once again listed on the 1930 census.
      I personally have seen about 25 spellings of the last name LCKAMY (anywhere from substituting an N for the M, adding an E in front of the Y, substituting an E for the Y, and the list goes on including a completely different name like LOCKERMAN!). So with all those different spelling possibilites, and a common given name like John - how is one supposed to find these people?
      I am looking for John (R) Lockamy who was born circa 1880-81 (sometime after the 1880 census and by Dec 1881). Since he would be 19-20 years old, he is not living with his father and his step-mother and siblings - but I can't find him by himself, with other family, near his future in-laws the DOWNS family - or as a boarder anywhere.
      So I am turning to you all for desperate help. Can you either help give me a clue how to locate him - or maybe you have him in your records? The family was in Chicod Twp in Feb 1902 when John got married to Ann Eliza DOWNS, but in Greenville Twp in 1910 when my grandmother was 2, and in Chicod Twp in 1880.
      I'm dying trying to locate this man on the 1900 census - and ANY AND ALL HELP is gratefully appreciated and needed.

      Cheryl