Re: [genpcncfir] Book of Pitt Co Marriages ABC

  • LdMel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
      Where can these Books be purchased or is there a Web site or Library that lists the same information?
      I would really like to check them out. The Jones, Harrell, Dunn, Corbett, Hales, Shirley, etc lines in Pitt and Edgecombe County have many road blocks. May be if I could study some more Material I could find some clues to untangle these "webs". It is a challenge that we must enjoy.

      Have a blessed day
      Linda

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
        Dear Linda,
        Most of the publications of Elizabeth Ross and
        Roger Kammerer can be found in Greenville,N.C. at the
        Sheppard Library (the public library) or at the Joyner
        Library of East Carolina University in Greenville in
        the Reading Room.
        You can access the Joyner Library on-line through
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
        Roger Kammerer's Eastern Reflector and Daily
        Reflector Index listing will get you over to Joyner.
        The Joyner Library webpage will give you hours of
        operation and information for having books sent to you
        on Interlibrary Loan. A quick way to manage this is to
        e-mail Maury York at Joyner Library, state your needs,
        and ask his assistance.
        When I wanted three volumes of a five volume set
        from Joyner, of which our libraries here carried only
        the first two volumes, Maury York told me to have my
        library here request the volumes on Interlibrary Loan
        and he would ship them to me.
        Our library had them within five days, and I was
        allowed to keep them 14 days.
        Speak of letting your fingers do the walking, you
        can beat this. No travel expenses. No lodgings. No
        missed time from work. To me, it was like winning the
        lottery to have so much invaluable material in my
        hands sent me on my word to care for it and return it
        within the agreed upon deadline.
        Maury will also answer your questions about other
        books that you may request from the Joyner collection
        on the same topic. Later, Carol